Managed by Q is the platform for office management. Q makes it easy to run an office by connecting offices to services, including cleaning, maintenance, office administration, IT, and security. Companies use Q’s marketplace to discover vetted service providers, request project quotes, schedule work, and pay for office services, all in one place. A solution for recurring and ad-hoc office needs, Q saves companies valuable time and supports office operations for thousands of businesses nationwide.
Engineering at Q
We are using technology to take the headache out of office management. We are building a platform to help office managers run their offices seamlessly, to allow vendors to fulfill requests with ease, and to enable our employees to work more efficiently. We have a problem-solving culture that is based on making an impact instead of hitting arbitrary deadlines.
As an Engineering Manager at Managed by Q, you’ll work closely with product managers, designers and business stakeholders to guide a team of outstanding engineers toward solving problems that are critical to our growth — these may include customer, partner, and operator experience, operational logistics, and technical infrastructure. As a key leader on our team, you’ll play a crucial role in maintaining and evolving Q’s engineering culture and coaching individuals to achieve their very best. This is a team leadership position, though you’ll spend a substantial portion of your time coding and will always maintain a deep connection to the technical direction and decisions of your team.
What we are looking for:
- 6+ years experience building software or web applications
- Ability to establish credibility with amazing engineers quickly
- Proven experience managing technical teams and delivering on ambitious goals
- Deep knowledge of engineering processes, their underlying principles, and their tradeoffs
- Strong communication skills - having the ability to understand and explain technical issues to non-technical team members.
- Competitive salary
- Generous stock options
- 401(k) with matching
- 100% coverage for medical, dental, and vision insurance
- An insanely supportive, hardworking team, building something BIG