Vice President, Engineering
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Own delivery of a complex and challenging product roadmap.
- Grow and support a motivated team with high expectations of ownership, growth and impact
- Formulate and deliver a technology strategy that enables our strategic company goals
- Identify and drive programs and capabilities that enable increased scale and operational excellence
- Engage and inspire the team by clearly communicating our key objectives, and effectively engaging their collective expertise
- Recruit, coach and mentor team members, creating a structured environment and feedback loop that supports career development and high engagement
- Foster a healthy and collaborative culture that reflects our company and engineering values, and attracts and retains a diverse team.
- Represent engineering concerns broadly within VTS, and build effective partnerships with leaders in other disciplines
- You have 8+ years of experience leading large-scale engineering teams.
- You have a consistent track record of creating a high-performing, collaborative culture that delivers high-quality products through cross-functional teams
- You have experience recruiting and coaching experienced and emerging managers, and senior individual contributors
- You're motivated by achieving customer outcomes and capable of translating customer needs into technology strategy and execution
- You can contribute to technical strategy and decisions and understand technical tradeoffs and risks.
- You're adaptable, willing to take ownership and deal with ambiguity
- You have excellent communication skills, and can create alignment with other leaders and decision makers in a fast-moving environment
ABOUT OUR TEAM
- We have a ~40 person engineering team
- We work in small, cross-functional teams that include product managers, product designers, engineers and QA
- We value continuous learning in our everyday work
- We deploy daily and rely heavily on automated testing and CI
- We use agile development and lean startup principles and practices to deliver products
- Our stack includes Ruby on Rails, React, AngularJS, Heroku, Postgres, AWS, Swift, Android
- Learn more about us on our engineering blog