Paperspace is a high-performance cloud computing and ML development platform for building, training and deploying machine learning models. Tens of thousands of individuals, startups and enterprises use Paperspace to iterate faster and collaborate on intelligent, real-time prediction engines.
Paperspace is backed by leading investors including Battery Ventures, Intel Capital, SineWave Ventures, Sorenson Ventures, Y Combinator and Initialized Capital.
Please apply via Lever.
About the role
Paperspace is looking for an experienced systems/network engineer to help grow and scale our multi-region global cloud offering. This is an opportunity to get your hands dirty behind the scenes of a quickly expanding infrastructure which spans across continents and stretches into major public clouds.
You will join a growing team of engineers who are fast, focused, and wear many hats.
The ideal candidate understands the current landscape of cloud computing environments and has worked on distributed, large-scale, and fault-tolerant systems.
What you'll do
• Manage, administer and scale cloud infrastructure, ensuring uptime.
• Take part in scalability planning and hardware procurement.
• Work on and scale physical infrastructure and hardware deployment strategies.
• Maintain and improve systems monitoring/alerting and centralized logging.
• Participate in an on-call rotation, including some nights, weekends, and holidays.
• Have a strong understanding of Linux systems; virtualization in particular.
• Proficient in at least one scripting language.
• Understand networking fundamentals; routing, switching, VPNs, load balancing.
• Have experience administering a modern multi-tenant cloud network environment.
• Demonstrated experience with configuration management such as Salt, Puppet, Chef, etc.
• Have a strong understanding of containerization a’la Docker/LXC.
Nice to have
• Experience managing large storage clusters.
• Experience managing and administering high-performance SQL clusters.
• Programming experience in Go and/or the ability to learn new languages.
• Experience with software-defined networks.
This is not an entry-level position. Please do not apply if you do not have at least a few years of experience working as an engineer.
• Competitive salary
• Health insurance, with vision & dental (US-based employees only)
• Employer-matched retirement benefits (401k)
• Generous vacation policy
• Fitness & wellness benefit
• In-office employees share one meal a day together
• Everyone is outfitted with high-end tech gear for their role
• Commuter benefits with contribution from the company
We are an equal opportunity employer that values and welcomes diversity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Please apply via Lever.