Staff/Principal Site Reliability Engineer
Join the Site Reliability Engineering team at one of the fastest growing tech startups in NYC!
At Namely, we are self-starters and problem solvers, obsessed with creating the best experience for our clients. We are a team of smart and self-motivated engineers who are eager to learn, grow and collaborate with each other. Each person is the owner of their work and directly impacts the success of our products and company.
Namely’s mission is to help mid-sized companies build a better workplace. We are transforming HR, payroll and benefits into a platform and experience HR professionals and employees love to use. People are at the center of everything we do, and we believe every company and employee deserves a great workplace, supported by innovative HR technology.
SRE’s job is to keep the platform that our 1,100 customers use running smoothly and efficiently. We build powerful automation that impacts everything from development and testing through to production deployment, scaling, monitoring, and alerting. Put another way, we eliminate work through automation. We have fun leveraging cutting edge technologies such as Terraform, Kubernetes, Docker, Istio, Jenkins, and Spinnaker.
Help us scale our business to meet the needs of our growing customer base and develop new products on the Namely platform. You'll be a critical part of our growing company, working on a cross-functional team to implement best practices in technology, architecture, and process. You’ll have the chance to work in an open and collaborative environment, shape Namely’s engineering culture and have ample opportunities to grow and accelerate your career.
- Design and build the tools, frameworks, systems and processes that Namely engineers use to build, integrate, deploy, scale and manage their software.
- Automate tasks across the full CI/CD lifecycle to create an efficient developer experience and reduce manual toil.
- Scale solutions from proofs-of-concept to full production systems.
- Collaborate effectively with and mentor other engineers on the SRE team and in the larger engineering org.
- Promote and implement best practices in observability (monitoring, tracing, alerting, logging) and high availability software engineering.
- Participate in an on-call rotation to mitigate site disruption.
- Minimize risk of reliability-related failure outcomes as pertaining to durability, availability, performance, and correctness.
- 3+ years in SRE or DevOps roles, with a focus on tooling, automation and distributed systems development.
- 8+ years overall software industry experience.
- A desire to stay on the cutting edge of infrastructure and automation technologies.
- Strong software development skills in at least one programming language. We use Go, Python, .NET Core.
- Production experience with infrastructure frameworks like Docker, Terraform and Kubernetes
- Production experience with AWS and Linux environments
- Experience with configuration management tools like Puppet, Chef, or Ansible
Namely was founded in 2012 to create an HR platform as intuitive as social media, but powerful enough to support the complexity of today’s workforce. Our belief is that great companies are built on a great employee experience, which is why we created the first HR platform employees love to use. In fact, unlike most traditional HR software, 78% of our clients’ employees log in to Namely at least once per month! Namely is backed by some amazing VCs including Sequoia, and serves companies in just about every industry and state nationwide. We love mid-sized companies because they’re mission-driven, client-obsessed, and care deeply about their employees... just like us. We believe in giving you the tools you need to do the best work of your career, and we’re just getting started.