Staff Software Engineer
WeWork is the platform for creators, providing hundreds of thousands of members across the globe space, community, and services that enable them to do what they love and craft their life's work. Our mission is to build a world where people work to make a life, not just a living, and our own team members are central to that goal.
We are building software for physical space that uses data and technology at each point in the building process, such that it can make better sourcing decisions, improve its designs, build faster and smarter, and ultimately improve the lives of the people working within its buildings. Our state of the art technologies and dedication to technological innovation are key reasons why WeWork has been able to scale from operating one workspace location to more than 210 in just over eight years.
The mission of Real Estate & Development (“RedTech”) is to enable our teams across real estate, architecture, design, construction, and project management with the most up to date technology. Our technology allows for a better ability to source new deals, close those deals, design and build more efficiently, and manage the construction process end to end. We're supporting the core business here in RedTech and would love to have you on the team!
- Contribute technical design and systems architecture of services and applications for across the organization.
- Initiate and drive complex cross-team initiatives, bringing in resources as necessary from other squads, product areas, and departments as required.
- Partner and interface with peer engineering teams and stakeholders.
- Partner with senior leadership to improve process and culture across engineering.
- Partner with product management to lead technical requirements gathering discussions with customers.
- Ensure execution alignment with engineering, product, design, etc.
- Drive and partner on technical standards, hiring practices, and other efforts to raise the quality bar for WeWork Technology.
- Advocate WeWork's practices and brand.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science. Master degree preferred
- Minimum 7+ years of experience building highly available critical systems
- Experience owning and driving process and architecture for
- Expert knowledge in Java server technologies
- Proven experience in demonstrating clear architecture skills at a multi-system level
- Proven experience writing scalable, high-performant and clean code
- Experience driving technical excellence and engineering practices
- Knowledge of designing and developing platform level components including events architectures, messaging, and caching. (JSM, ActiveMQ, Apache Kafka, etc.)
- Deep understanding of Amazon Web Services including ECS, CloudFormation, IAM, etc.
- Experience with Docker
- Proficiency with JPA or Hibernate and ability to write SQL queries
- Proficiency with Spring MVC and Spring Boot
- Experience with Agile methodologies
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.