Staff iOS Engineer
At Rent the Runway, our mission is to make women feel empowered and self-confident every single day by combining best in class technology, logistics, and customer service. Since our launch in 2009, we’ve developed proprietary technology, a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation, stores of the future, a viral brand, relationships with hundreds of fashion designers - and we are passionate about continuing to innovate our customer experience. We have pioneered the closet in the cloud and believe that every person globally will soon have a subscription to fashion. We are proud to be both a profitable and fast-growing business, with 11 million members of our community who believe that rental is the future.
About the Team:
Our Mobile Engineering squad sits within our Consumer Engineering team located onsite at our NYC HQ. They are smart, pragmatic, and entrepreneurial. We practice continuous integration & test-driven development, engage in constant peer code reviews & pair programming, and work hard to give back to the software community through open-source contributions.
About the Job:
At Rent the Runway, you will architect, design, develop, deploy and operate iOS applications that are used daily by our passionate members. You‘ll be the technical leader for a department, contributing hands-on in a team, while leading technical projects spanning multiple teams. We are looking for someone who can drive development and delivery, architecture & evangelize best practices in mobile. We believe that every person deserves a “Cinderella” experience, whether they are a first time user or monthly subscriber. Many of our millions of members have used Rent the Runway for the most important events in their lives, and in the process, we are changing the meaning of ownership and revolutionizing retail.
What You'll Do:
- Drive technical projects to success and provide leadership in a fast-paced, startup environment
- Take responsibility for the overall planning, execution and success of our Mobile Strategic initiatives
- Work closely with cross-functional teams across Engineering, Product, Analytics, Marketing, Creative, and Design
- Contribute technically to projects by being a hands-on coder and removing roadblocks
- Lead prioritization efforts, contribute to future roadmaps, and provide mentorship to others
- Drive continuous improvement for the release process
- Deeply care about the happiness and careers of others
- BA/BS in Computer Science, related degree, or equivalent practical experience
- Extensive professional experience in software development, working on robust, complex systems that serve a high volume of users
- Hands-on technical leadership and/or people management experience
- 7+ years of professional experience building iOS applications using Objective-C & Swift
- A strong command of algorithms, data structures, and best practices
- A passion for bringing great products into our world through collaboration and ingenuity
- Solid understanding & previous experience with distributed system performance analysis and optimization
- Ability to understand, diagnose, and effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
- Ability to handle ambiguous problems and make the tradeoffs without compromising quality
Rent the Runway is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Rent the Runway does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need