Sr. Software Engineer- Promotions
We’re Grubhub, the nation’s leading online and mobile food ordering company. Since 2004 we’ve been connecting hungry diners to the local restaurants they love. We’re moving eating forward with no signs of slowing down.
With more than 80,000 restaurants and over 14 million diners across 1,600 U.S. cities and London, we’re delivering like never before. Incredible tech is our bread and butter, but amazing people are our secret ingredient. Rigorously analytical and customer-obsessed, our employees develop the fresh ideas and brilliant programs that keep our brands going and growing.
Long story short, keeping our people happy, challenged and well-fed is priority one. Interested? Let’s talk. We’re eager to show you what we bring to the table.
The promotions team is responsible for building the core promotion engine that powers marketing promotion codes, gift cards, restaurant coupons, loyalty rewards and other discount programs. The promotions team also tackles the hard problem of fraud prevention and build tooling around creating and managing promotion campaigns.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Build low latency, high throughput RESTful services
- Contribute to the core promotion platform, software frameworks and SDK’s
- Communicate with leadership, product owners, other technologists, and users to create working software based on an understanding of business and technical priorities
- Build systems that integrate with many other real time data sources and services
- Optimize service runtime for performance and scale
You Should Have
- Bachelor’s Degree in Science, Programming or Engineering related field
- 5+ years experience building highly-scalable consumer-facing applications (e-commerce preferred)
- Experience with End-to-End (E2) testing frameworks
- Experience working in a test-driven development
- Familiarity with Agile methodologies
- Experience mentoring/coaching engineers along with overseeing the technical work of developers from other teams or 3rd party vendors.
- Java, C#, or a similar modern object-oriented language
- Knowledge of or experience with developing distributed systems
- Familiarity with eventually consistent databases (Cassandra/MongoDB/CouchDB)
And Of Course, Perks!
- Unlimited paid vacation days. Choose how your time is spent
- Never go hungry! We provide weekly Grubhub/Seamless credit
- Regular in-office social events, including happy hours, wine tastings, karaoke, bingo with prizes and more
- Company-Wide Initiatives encouraging innovation, continuous learning and cross-department connections
We deliver favorites every day. Join us as we move eating forward.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.