Sr. Software Engineer (Full Stack)
The Billboard-Hollywood Reporter Media Group, which reaches a growing audience of more than 40M US uniques monthly, includes Billboard, The Hollywood Reporter, Spin, Vibe, Stereogum and Death and Taxes. The company has operations based in New York City and Los Angeles and syndicates content to more than 16 countries worldwide.
Billboard-Hollywood Reporter Media Group is seeking a mid-level full stack Software Engineer to help develop and maintain our elite showcase of publications and publisher focused tools. We are looking for talented developers who are passionate about emerging technologies and can think about the full lifecycle of the product including the backend, frontend, and networking. We are looking for someone who fundamentally understands software development principals.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Create user friendly experiences
- Work directly with product, designers and other cross functional teams
- Performance tuning at numerous levels of the application life cycle
- Build reusable components that can be shared amongst different publications
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- 4+ years experience creating and maintaining web applications
- Experience building web applications and APIs
- Experience with open source content management systems (Wordpress, Drupal)
- Strong SQL skills
- Experience using relational and non-relational databases
- Strong knowledge of software design and architecture.
- Experience with Agile software development cycle
- Experience working with cloud platforms (AWS) as well as on premise
- Experience with CSS precompilers such as SASS or LESS
Nice to have
Public (GitHub, Bitbucket) and open source contributions
Prometheus Global Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer.