Sr. Software Engineer - Carting
We’re Grubhub, the nation’s leading online and mobile food ordering company. Since 2004 we’ve been connecting hungry diners to the local restaurants they love. We’re moving eating forward with no signs of slowing down.
With more than 80,000 restaurants and over 14 million diners across 1,600 U.S. cities and London, we’re delivering like never before. Incredible tech is our bread and butter, but amazing people are our secret ingredient. Rigorously analytical and customer-obsessed, our employees develop the fresh ideas and brilliant programs that keep our brands going and growing.
Long story short, keeping our people happy, challenged and well-fed is priority one. Interested? Let’s talk. We’re eager to show you what we bring to the table.
We are looking for engineers (of all levels) to help us dramatically expand and improve the capabilities of our big data analytics platform that powers the positioning of restaurants, marketplace analytics, and insights aimed at helping restaurants stay competitive. We have been focused on assembling a team of smart, humble people who are passionate about creating robust, automated solutions. This is an unbeatable opportunity for developers who hope to work on and deliver world class software in a friendly, fun, and innovative environment.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Design, implement, and deliver for our new corporate platform while collaborating with other teams (diners, restaurants, internal tools, etc)
- Understand our products from both a technical and business perspective in the context of our larger business.
- Communicate with leadership, product owners, other technologists, and users to create working software based on an understanding of business and technical priorities.
- Break down complex problems into elegant technical solutions to intelligently solve problems for diners, restaurant, corporate accounts and internal stakeholders.
- Actively contribute to the adoption of strong software architecture, development best practices, and new technologies. We are always improving the process of building software; we need you to help contribute.
- You will be a key part in accurately estimating the timing of software delivery
You Should Have
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related field
- Expert knowledge of Java (5-7+ years)
- Experience architecting, designing, and developing testable, fault tolerant, and performant software
- Strong understanding of modern unit testing and version control - SVN or Git preferred
- Strong fundamentals (data structures, algorithms)
- Familiar with Agile software development methodologies
- Familiarity or experience developing highly-available, distributed systems
- Interested in working for a fast paced tech and product oriented company
Got These? Even Better:
- Experience leading other developers
- Experience developing in a micro services environment
- Experience running software in cloud based services (AWS, Azure, etc.)
- A personal github.com account
- Cassandra experience
- AWS experience
And Of Course, Perks!
- Unlimited paid vacation days. Choose how your time is spent.
- Never go hungry! We provide weekly GrubHub/Seamless credit.
- Regular in-office social events, including happy hours, wine tastings, karaoke, bingo with prizes and more.
We deliver favorites every day. Join us as we move eating forward.