Sr. Front-End Engineer- Diner
About The Opportunity
Grubhub is the nation's leading online and mobile food ordering company, dedicated to connecting hungry diners with their favorite local restaurants. The people who work at Grubhub are our company's greatest asset; each person at Grubhub plays an integral part in building tools and technology that help restaurants succeed, and in cooking up fresh new ways to delight our diners.
The company’s online and mobile ordering platforms allow diners to order directly from more than 75,000 takeout restaurants in over 1,300 U.S. cities and London. The Grubhub portfolio of brands includes Grubhub, Seamless, AllMenus, and MenuPages.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
Tens of thousands of hungry Diners utilize our platform daily. As a Senior Front-End Engineer, you will design and implement some of the most complex features driving forward thinking enhancements to our existing architecture.
You Should Have
- 5+ years experience building highly-scalable interactive web applications (e-commerce preferred)
- Strong knowledge of HTML5 & CSS3. Knowledge of Angular definitely a plus
- Strong familiarity of server-side web technologies such as Nodejs, Java, Python, etc.
- Experience working in a test-driven development
- Familiar with Agile methodologies
- Experience working with open source technologies is required and contribution to open source systems is a plus
- Bachelor of Science Degree
And Of Course, Perks!
- Unlimited paid vacation days. Choose how your time is spent
- Never go hungry! We provide weekly Grubhub/Seamless credit
- Regular in-office social events, including happy hours, wine tastings, karaoke, bingo with prizes and more
- Company-Wide Initiatives encouraging innovation, continuous learning and cross-department connections
- We deliver favorites every day. Join us as we move eating forward.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here:DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.