Sr. Front-End Engineer- Delivery
About The Opportunity
Got A Taste For Something New?
We’re Grubhub, the nation’s leading online and mobile food ordering company. Since 2004 we’ve been connecting hungry diners to the local restaurants they love. We’re moving eating forward with no signs of slowing down.
With more than 95,000 restaurants and over 14 million diners across 1,700 U.S. cities and London, we’re delivering like never before. Incredible tech is our bread and butter, but amazing people are our secret ingredient. Rigorously analytical and customer-obsessed, our employees develop the fresh ideas and brilliant programs that keep our brands going and growing.
Long story short, keeping our people happy, challenged and well-fed is priority one. Interested? Let’s talk. We’re eager to show you what we bring to the table.
Our Delivery Team is seeking a Senior Front-End Engineer to join our team. This set of teams are at the core of our delivery logistics platform and are responsible for our critically important food delivery business. You will conceptualize, design, build and deploy new and innovative products for our restaurant partners enabling self-management and onboarding of all existing and future partners. We have high standards for code quality, unit testing, and intelligent architecture.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Design, implement and deliver technology platforms and products.
- Understand our products from both a technical and business perspective in the context of our larger business.
- Create working software based on an understanding of business and technical priorities.
Communicate effectively with leadership, product owners, other technologists, and users.
- Break down complex problems into elegant technical solutions to solve problems for diners, corporate accounts, and internal stakeholders.
- Actively contribute to the adoption of strong software architecture, development best practices, and new technologies.
You Should Have
- Bachelor’s Degree in Science, Programming or Engineering related field
- 5+ years of professional experience building highly-scalable, interactive web applications (e-commerce or logistics preferred)
- Experience working with and writing thoroughly tested code
- Experience mentoring/coaching engineers and coordinating with developers from others teams or 3rd party vendors
- Ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Familiar with Agile software development methodologies
And Of Course, Perks!
- Unlimited paid vacation days. Choose how your time is spent
- Never go hungry! We provide weekly Grubhub/Seamless credit
- Regular in-office social events, including happy hours, wine tastings, karaoke, bingo with prizes and more
Company-Wide Initiatives encouraging innovation, continuous learning and cross-department connections
We deliver favorites every day. Join us as we move eating forward.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.