At Prolific Interactive, our driving focus is “Let’s make it better”.
We’re an award-winning, mobile-focused product creation agency. We design and launch highly visible, innovative, real-world solutions for premier brands, and believe in working with partners - not clients - to help enhance their customers’ experiences. We are honored to be consistently recognized as industry leaders.
We want to have a profound impact on everyday lives, and shape the world we live in. We do this by putting people first, and by working in collaborative teams who value empathy and who are committed to relentlessly improving.
To help us deliver this impact, we're looking for a Solutions Architect to join our Engineering team in Brooklyn. As a Solutions Architect focused on systems architecture planning and design, you'll provide hands-on leadership and help to reinvent the way we build our systems. You'll work on partner engagements across a range of platforms (Mobile, Front and Backend).
As the Solutions Architect, you'll develop your vision from a single technical solution into a production model that can be scaled and used to support other partners and enterprise systems. You’ll work closely with technology leadership to create core internal technical initiatives, as well as establish standard methodologies and processes across Prolific. You'll also play a key role as a hands-on “player-coach”, educating our partners and colleagues on how our growing technology team works and why what we do matters.
Lead production engineering teams
- Collaborate with product and design leads to create, prioritize, and execute on a technical roadmap in order to deliver an impactful product that is meeting business, user, and technical goals
- Manage projects from concept through launch, while always retaining your hands on technical expertise at the core of every initiative
Drive technological advancement
- Lead a technical initiative by both hands on coding and coaching to expand our capabilities within and beyond engineering and architecture for Mobile, Front and Backend architecture and systems
- Oversee technical initiatives and provide consistent guidance as a thought partner
- Share and promote technical takeaways dedicated to fostering a diverse and inclusive learning environment
- Able to work with a diverse array of stakeholders with the ability to serve as the Principle Architect, with the long range vision to build entire platforms
Develop our engineering department
- Help ensure a deeply curious, positive and empathic engineering culture
- Lead interviews and support hiring managers to make hiring decisions
- Serve as a key technical player in business pitches and share engineering insights and recommendations with new or existing partners
Your Skills & Experience
- 5+ years of hands on experience leading engineering and architecture development, including testing and deploying high quality solutions (both app and server sides) with persistent customer focus within a fast-paced, iterative, Agile environment.
- Degree in CS or related disciple is required - Advanced Degree or certifications are desired
- Experience collaborating with DevOps team (AWS) on building Continuous Integration/Continuous Development services
- Proven ability to interface and coordinate with diverse cross-functional teams
- Always be curious about technology trends and commit to exploring courageously
- Enjoy communicating your ideas to identify and solve problems
- Provide solutions, not excuses or problems
Our Benefits & Rewards
We know that our employees will do their best and most impactful work if they are happy, healthy, and supported. We’re committed to ensuring all our employees are taken care of.
We do this by providing and promoting:
- Access to medical, dental, and vision insurance plans, as well as 401(k) company matching and commuter benefits
- A healthy work life balance. Our Flexible Vacation Policy allows you to take what you need, as long as it works for your team. Plus paid sick time, eight paid holidays, summer and winter breaks when the office is closed
- Voluntary life, accident and disability insurance
- 12 weeks of paid new parents leave
- Creature comforts like snacks, games - and actual creatures thanks to dog-friendly offices
- Employee-led resource groups with a focus on diversity and inclusivity, enhancing and sustaining the wellbeing of women, people of color, and LGBTQIA individuals
- A committee dedicated to promoting health and wellness in the workplace through initiatives like fitness challenges, guided meditation, and kombucha brewing
- Opportunities to give back through company donations to charitable organizations
Prolific Interactive is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. We are committed to a safe, welcoming, and truly inclusive environment for people of all races, gender identities, gender expressions, sexual orientations, physical abilities, physical appearances, socioeconomic backgrounds, nationalities, ages, and religious beliefs.
Prolific Interactive was founded in 2009 and is based in New York City, San Francisco, and Durham. We’ve delivered mobile experiences for leading brands like Saks Fifth Avenue, The Wing, WeWork, American Express, Gap, Sephora, SoulCycle, TB12, and American Express through a strategy-driven, user-centric approach to creating products.