Help us Build the Future of Money
Gemini Trust Company, LLC (Gemini) is a licensed digital asset exchange and custodian. We built the Gemini platform so customers can buy, sell, and store digital assets (e.g., Bitcoin, Ethereum, and others) in a regulated, secure, and compliant manner.
Digital assets and blockchain technology have the power to transform the world for good. This truth, along with our core values, form the bedrock of our company and culture. At Gemini, no job is too small and no project too big as we endeavor to build the future of money. We are a mission-driven, team-based, inclusive, and determined community of thought leaders who invest in each other and the long game. Join us in our mission!
The Department : Engineering
Gemini is regulated and licensed like a bank, but it’s run like a tech startup, and engineering is the core of the company. There’s a wide range of tough problems to solve at Gemini – from properly securing hundreds of millions of dollars worth of customer funds, to developing innovative new blockchain products, to finding new techniques to combat fraud, to shaving microseconds off our API response times, and everything in between.
All of Gemini’s engineers are able to work across the software platform, not just on their own specialization or sub team. We value a thoughtful, collaborative software development process, coupled with a pragmatic approach to problem solving and delivering software.
The Role: Software Engineer
As an engineer on our backend team, you’ll architect and solve complex problems that will directly influence the direction of the digital asset space. There’s a wide range of problems to solve at Gemini – from properly securing millions of dollars worth of customer funds, to developing innovative new blockchain products, to shaving microseconds off our API response times. We have a strong culture of code reviews a focus on security, with the end goal of writing and shipping high-quality code by getting things right the first time. We want to continue building the best product we can as we scale and grow our business. If you get excited about solving technical challenges that directly impact our clients, our institutional investors, and the rest of the Gemini team, we’d love to hear from you.
- Develop new products and features across all aspects of our business - financial exchange, customer accounts ledger, blockchain operations, our website, internal admin. tools, API automation access, anti-money laundering (AML), know-your-customer (KYC) compliance and many others.
- Craft automated tests and work with our QA team to ensure the operation and correctness of new product features.
- Provide technical input and knowledge to the planning, design, and requirements process for new products and features.
- Collaborate with other engineers to review code.
- Drive architecture for complex products by determining current limitations and coming up with solutions.
- Improve the performance, maintainability, and operations of the Gemini code base by engaging in occasional refactoring and upgrade projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent professional experience
- Significant experience working as an engineer, with demonstrated ability to solve performance and scale challenges.
- A proven background designing data-driven software, following observability, testing and deployment best practices.
- Experience keeping track of your work using project tracking tools like GitHub, JIRA and Confluence.
- Participating in reviewing code, helping evaluate implementations, and providing feedback about potential improvements.
- Experience working with Bitcoin, Ethereum, and/or blockchain technology a huge plus
- Work experience or knowledge of the finance industry, trading and/or exchange systems
- A desire to build systems to help your fellow engineers deliver their software to production more quickly and reliably
- The ability to self-organize and clearly communicate intent
- Ability to contribute throughout all phases of a service lifecycle, from conception through design, development, deployment and ultimately operation
- Operational familiarity with Macs or Linux systems
- Work with teams to improve tooling, processes, and the software they support
It Pays to Work Here
We take a holistic approach to compensation at Gemini, which includes:
- Competitive base salaries across all departments
- Ownership in the company via profit sharing units
- Amazing benefits, 401k match contribution, and flexible hours
- Snacks, Perks, Wellness Outings & Events
Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.