Software Engineer - Security
About the Role:
Foursquare is seeking an experienced Security Engineer to lead efforts and implement solutions to keep our users' and customers' data private and our systems secure. You will work with infrastructure and feature engineering teams to identify and mitigate risks to the business. You will propose, design, plan and implement strategic and tactical security improvements — from remote access systems for employees, to authorization rules on our production fleet, to forward-thinking policy initiatives.
Our infrastructure and feature engineering teams will be active and supportive partners, but you will be expected to organize and lead these efforts. Your work will be instrumental in ensuring Foursquare's future business success.
- 5+ years of proven industry experience and background in development and operations with a strong interest in security
- Expert in writing readable and maintainable code
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Solid background using Linux and *nix operating systems
- Experience with administration of cloud services, such as AWS, in addition to key management and security groups best practices
- Experience developing and implementing employee remote access policies and systems
- Thorough understanding of web application architecture, including TCP/IP, HTTP, TLS, HTTP/2 and common authentication schemes
- Knowledge of how to mitigate real world attacks, such as DDoS, XSS, CSRF, and dictionary attacks
- Proficiency in at least 1 programming or scripting language (preference to Python or Java)
Foursquare is proud to foster an inclusive environment that is free from discrimination. We strongly believe in order to build the best products, we need a diversity of perspectives and backgrounds. This leads to a more delightful experience for our users and team members. We value listening to every voice and we encourage everyone to come be a part of building a company and products we love.
Foursquare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.