Software Engineer, Resource Quality
At Teachers Pay Teachers (TpT), we’re unlocking the power of educator-created content. More than 2 out of 3 teachers in the U.S., Canada, and Australia come to TpT every year to get teacher-tested, engaging, and rigorous materials. What began as a humble exchange for teachers looking to share lesson plans has since exploded into a massive marketplace where teachers have created more than 3 million resources for all aspects of PreK-12 education. More than five million educators worldwide (including teachers, administrators, and parents) have downloaded TpT resources more than a billion times. According to Fast Company, Teachers Pay Teachers is one of the top 50 Most Innovative Companies in the world! If you haven’t heard of TpT yet and want to learn more, just ask a teacher. Two out of three teachers currently use TpT.
As an open marketplace, TpT allows any educator to share their expertise with the world. And with millions of resources, there is truly something for everyone on Teachers Pay Teachers. But not every resource is the right match for every educator that comes to TpT. The Resource Quality Team is hard at work figuring out how to connect our users with the content on TpT that best serves their individual needs.
Working with our experienced engineering team, you’ll help us build out an engaging review system to collect buyer signals on the quality and content of resources as well as explore other ways we might use the TpT platform to better understand what makes each resource unique. You’ll work on engaging user experiences and sophisticated domain driven services in an agile, iterative environment.
By better understanding our resources, we can more effectively solve the challenges facing today’s educators!
Qualities for a successful candidate:
- Experience with building, scaling, and monitoring resilient systems
- Enjoys working across the full stack in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Enjoys working collaboratively with peer engineering teams
- Comfortable with mentoring teammates, communicating, and teaching your learnings
Extra Credit for:
- Experience with Ed-Tech, Marketplaces, Search, or Data-Powered Products
- Experience with Elixir/Erlang, Node.js + React, Kubernetes, Terraform, Chef, or AWS at scale
- Degree in computer science or equivalent experience
- Open Source Contributor
- Parental leave for both mothers and fathers to be able to take some quality time in bonding with their new addition to their family
- Comprehensive Medical & Dental Benefits
- Mother’s Room
- Quiet Room
- Company Events (Bring Your Child to Work Day, Field Day, Camp TpT, Hackathons etc.)
Here at TpT we value Diversity & Inclusion and encourage people to bring their most authentic selves to work. We cultivate an environment where people are recognized and celebrated for their individuality.
Any TpT applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the interview process should contact the TpT People Ops Team ([email protected]) to make the need for an accommodation known.