Software Engineer - Integrations
Since our inception in 2009, Foursquare has been a leading force in changing how location information enriches our real-world and digital lives. As a location intelligence company, Foursquare is comprised of two well-known consumer apps, Foursquare and Swarm, as well as thriving media and enterprise products. Our B2B offerings include Places (for developers), Pinpoint and Attribution (for marketers), and Place Insights (for analysts, based on the world's largest foot traffic panel). With more than 200 people across our offices in New York, San Francisco, Chicago and in sales offices around the globe, we’re dedicated to our trailblazing mission—enriching consumer experiences and informing business decisions with location intelligence.
About the Integrations Team:
As a member of Foursquare’s Integrations team, they are responsible for ingesting and delivering external data to support the pinpoint, attribution and feed products. Our team focus is to create scalable, consistent tools making ingestion and delivery dependable and visible. We are a small team focused on big data problems every day.
Join us and help bring our feature ideas (and your own!) off the whiteboard and into reality. You can have a huge impact on not only the end products, but how we build things here at Foursquare. We're always trying to improve upon existing technology, integrate new ideas, and collaborate on how we can create the best, scalable solutions.
- 4+ years of proven experience building software for fast growing web or mobile products
- Solid foundation in computer science fundamentals with sound knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and design
- Strong Java or other object-oriented programming experience or, even better, experience and/or interest in functional languages (we use Scala!)
- Bonus points for experience using Hive, Hadoop, Scalding, Kafka, or Mapreduce
- Comfortable in a small and fast-paced startup environment
- Bachelors Degree or higher in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related field
Foursquare is proud to foster an inclusive environment that is free from discrimination. We strongly believe in order to build the best products, we need a diversity of perspectives and backgrounds. This leads to a more delightful experience for our users and team members. We value listening to every voice and we encourage everyone to come be a part of building a company and products we love.
Foursquare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.