Software Engineer (Full-Stack)
About the company
At Covera Health, we have proven that advanced data science can prevent serious misdiagnoses which result in poor outcomes for patients and increased costs for payers. Using our proprietary framework, we help patients recover better, faster, and more affordably. Today, we are working with some of the largest healthcare payers in the country to potentially impact millions of patient lives. We are passionate about improving healthcare for every patient.
About the role
We are looking for a talented Full-Stack Software Engineer to join us in our commitment to improve the quality of care for patients in every community across the nation.
As a Software Engineer at Covera Health, you will gain a deep understanding of our product through close collaboration with engineers, data scientists, clinicians, and others in the company. You will be a crucial part of our team of six and will work with the Chief Software Architect and other engineering team members to build and enhance the web services and applications that support our customers. This is a hands-on role where you will have a direct impact on our product. We seek to write clean code at the hightest level while being very versatile as we update models, change code structure, and craft data transformations. We'll look to you to help ensure that we're leveraging and building the best technology that we can, and you'll play a key role in shaping the future direction of the product.
We care about our work at Covera Health and know you will care deeply about your work here. We seek engineers with attention to detail who strive to deliver high quality work (even when it's needed quickly) and who are continually learning (including learning from mistakes). It's important for engineers on our team to be able to effectively collaborate and communicate with others, exchanging opinions about technology in a constructive way.
- BA/BS in computer science or related technical field.
- 3-5 years of professional full-stack software development experience.
- Strong problem solving skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively handle ambiguity, balance competing requirements, and deliver practical solutions.
- Strong communication skills with excellent ability to work in a team environment.
- Strong software design/development/test skills.
- Ability to write clean, correct, well-tested code.
- Experience with multiple programming paradigms/styles including object-oriented and functional programming.
- Experience with PostgreSQL, MySQL, or other relational database systems.
- Experience with Python and Django.
- Familiarity with AWS.
You will be a full-time employee with competitive salary, stock options, and great benefits. These benefits include medical, dental, and vision insurance (with premiums fully covered), FSA, pre-tax commuter benefits, flexible paid time off, and a comfortable office space filled with a variety of quality snacks and beverages. Most importantly, you’ll get to know each of us and we love to work together to find solutions. We are a smart, fun, focused, and unique team of people who are truly passionate about changing healthcare for the better!