Software Engineer, Front End
LiveLike is a funded and well-endorsed VR/AR/interactive live sports company. We have partnered most notably with FOX Sports to release Social on Fox Sports VR. We also broadcasted Superbowl LI and created French Tennis Open VR with France TV for both Mobile and VR platforms. These are just a few of the many clients we work with and we’re actively growing in all four corners of the world.
At our core, we are a big group of nerds, sports fanatics, and generally lovable people. We're as passionate about next-gen sport live streaming as we are about free morning coffee and 5 o’clock drinks, so our team has access to every major VR/AR/MR system, and so will you. We've worked extremely hard to get where we are right now but we wholly embrace the laid back but "get s**t done" attitude.
What you'll be doing:
- Innovating: Our experience lives on multiple platforms, and will soon live on even more. Which means we’ve got to do a lot of work on making sure our VR/AR/native mobile experiences are well built, functional, and consistent. You could spend a day on Daydream and the next on iOS. Versatile innovation is the name of the game.
- Architecting: We’re constantly improving our apps and, as I’m sure you know, the foundation for a great app is solid architecture. You’ll be working with our other senior team members on the core frontend systems used by our apps. That means knowing your stuff when it comes to how high quality apps are built from the ground up.
- Scaling: Today we’re working with several clients internationally and will need to ensure that our platform can scale to meet the needs of dozens more. That means utilizing your experience with solid architecture & design principles to ensure the platform scales well as it grows.
- Building tools: Efficiency is the name of the game. Being efficient means creating tools and processes that our entire product team use to make everyone life easier without compromising quality. Sounds easy right?
- Collaborating: We’ve got a pretty killer team (maybe we’re biased), and you’ll get to collaborate and learn from all of them. That doesn’t mean just all our engineering team, that means our Product Manager, Designers, Data Analysts, 3D Artists, and probably even our Live Production Team. We’ve got a pretty diverse family going on here, and you’ve gotta be ready to say “Hi” to them all.
What you'll need to do it:
- Software engineering experience with an OO language
- A bachelor's degree (or higher) in Computer Science
- Experience using external APIs and SDKs
- Prior work with mobile platforms
- A history of picking up new skills & technologies quickly
- Passion for VR, AR, MR and Game Development
- Excited to learn Unity & Game Development
- An understanding of the general “No Assholes” policy
What would be super cool:
- You’ve had experience with Unity & game development
- Your personal Github page is full of cool projects you wanna share with us
- Modern UI design & UX is something you have opinions about
- The VR/AR market is something you’ve been keeping up with
- You’re some kind of fancy chef and you wanna cook us food
- You wanna get our CTO chocolate (this kind of bribery is ok with him)
What we offer:
TONS of VR equipment to play with
Monthly sporting events & VR stipend
We are currently not engaging new agencies for our roles. If you must reach out to us though, please reach out to me directly. Our founding members and team are busy building awesome stuff and your email will end up in my inbox anyway.
LiveLike is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.