Software Engineer, Berlin
The spark of a meaningful interaction makes people braver. It encourages participation, action, and the willingness to try -- the stuff of progress. Through Meetup, people come together, they create new possibilities for each other. It begins simply, with a handshake and a hello, but its effects can be profound: Millions of lives changed.
At Meetup, we've made it our mission to empower personal growth through real human connections because we see a future built on deep trust and collective effort. We are creating a world where people can turn to each other to improve their lives.
Full stack engineers at Meetup do everything that's needed to get something live on our platform, from the interaction on the web to the APIs that power it.
You're our ideal team member if you
- Have 3+ years' experience writing software.
- Have experience building web applications and APIs.
- Are familiar working and deploying code in cloud environments (eg: AWS, GCP)
- Are excited about learning new programming languages and using the right tools to deliver value to our users.
- Have experience in Agile/XP practices (Scrum/TDD/Pairing/Continuous Integration).
- Want to collaborate with product managers, designers and other engineers to solve open-ended problems and roadmap solutions.
- Prioritize customer needs and rely on data to make decisions.
- Are driven by results at product, team, and individual levels.
- Are ready to learn new technologies as well as work with a legacy codebase
Our engineers are smart, flexible, great problem solvers. We build fast and release code often, relying on great quality, automation and processes to increase productivity.
We use React/Redux, NodeJS, Java and Scala, Selenium and Robot Framework, and currently we build new endpoints as Lambdas on AWS. Knowledge of these technologies isn't necessary as long as you are excited to learn.
Learn more about Meetup's engineering principles: https://medium.com/making-meetup
Meetup employees are bold, supportive, and passionate about enabling people to come together and create the future of real community, a future where people embrace their differences and similarities, show up, do things, and turn to each other to improve their lives. We care about moving fast, real-world change, and building diverse, dynamic teams in a safe and inclusive environment.