Aircall is on a mission to redefine the business phone.
We are an advanced cloud-based phone system, complete business phone, and call center software — all wrapped up in one single tool.
But behind our product are the people driving it. Ambition, teamwork, transparency and community — these are the values we live by at Aircall. We know that success comes from hard work and deserves to be recognized and rewarded.
So if you’re a person that loves the challenge of a startup atmosphere, enjoys solving meaningful problems, and wants to feel like part of a family — then you just might be who we’re looking for.
At Aircall, we are looking for engaged and passionate Software Engineers to join our growing Engineering Team at NYC. Our technical challenge is to leverage a fully decoupled architecture and ultimately microservices at scale with a reliable, event-driven infrastructure behind the scenes.
- Volume: Store, aggregate and compute 1M+ events / day today, 100M+ by next year
- Live: Analyze and take live decisions based on 1M+ events / day
- Modularity: Make our stack scale and increase squads' productivity by featuring microservices based on event-driven architecture
- Uptime: Keep a 99.99% uptime while dealing with an exponential activity growth
As a Backend Engineer, you will design, develop, deploy, operate business critical features that add customer value on top of Voice. Quality, excellence and agility drive our delivery processes and you will help us level these up. Our codebase is mainly built with Ruby, Sinatra, MySQL, Redis, and fully hosted on AWS.
About the team:
The Engineering team is composed of 40 international Software Engineers, between Paris & NYC. We are organized in Squads, working on Product features. The French team is focused on building the best phone system ever by building innovative features on our live call routing engine and ensuring a cross-channel experience from desktop to mobile. The US team is currently building and shaping Aircall as an Ecosystem & Platform, from our brand new Public API to the Marketplace.
What you'll do:
- Define and develop Aircall Public API v2 while ensuring its scalability and reliability
- Help Aircall's partners to develop on-the-edge products with Aircall Public API
- Perform technical developments on Aircall's architecture to transition from a macro-services architecture to micro-services architecture, in coordination with European teams
- Improve our technical stack and our productivity by setting-up an event-driven architecture with real-time data analysis and dockerizing the whole stack for easier development
What you'll bring:
- You have experience in back-end development (Ruby is plus) with a focus on scalability, availability and performance
- You can understand and challenge front-end architecture
- You are rigorous with code quality and other engineering best practices (testability, maintainability, design patterns)
- Domain Driven Design, Clean Architecture, Test Driven Design and Continuous Integration/Deployment are the only way we design, develop and release software
- You are pragmatic, data driven and you take initiatives to reach Business and Customer centric ambitious goals
- You have great communication skills: you're able to deal with different profile and role of collaborators, from Junior to Senior, Tech to Business
- You used to work in Agile teams and look for continuous improvement
- You have experience in identifying, debugging and resolving production issues
We believe that everyone’s voice is unique and valuable. That’s why we advocate to empower the voice of both our employees and our customers. Being fully engaged at work means that we’re happier, more confident, and more excited to achieve great things together.
Aircall offers a unique work environment and the chance to collaborate with diverse teammates across two continents. We give you the freedom and tools to do your best work, and foster an environment you can do it in. We also have some sweet perks like:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance are 100% covered
- Unlimited PTO — take the time you need to come to work feeling great!
- 401k plan (with company matching!)
- Competitive salary with gym reimbursement and commuter compensation
- An office in the center of NYC with great food (breakfast every Monday & Friday!), drinks, and team parties
Aircall is committed to building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workforce. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome qualified applicants, regardless of gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. Members of communities historically underrepresented in tech are encouraged to apply.