Software Engineer - Backend
Kustomer is the omnichannel SaaS platform reimagining enterprise customer service to deliver standout experiences– not resolve tickets. Built with intelligent automation, Kustomer scales to meet the needs of any contact center and business by unifying data from multiple sources and enabling companies to deliver effortless, consistent and personalized service and support through a single timeline view.
Today, Kustomer is the core platform of some of the leading customer service brands like Ring, Rent the Runway, Glossier, Away, Glovo, Slice and UNTUCKit. Headquartered in NYC, Kustomer was founded in 2015 by serial entrepreneurs Brad Birnbaum and Jeremy Suriel, raised over $113.5M in venture funding, and is backed by leading VCs including: Tiger Global Management, Battery Ventures, Redpoint Ventures, Cisco Investments, Canaan Partners, Boldstart Ventures and Social Leverage.
About the Role
Does the idea of building and supporting a Single Page Application and its API’s strike you as a good day job? We’re looking for you. We are all about microservices, CI and CD. Our platform is clean, simple and massively scalable in the cloud using the latest tools like MongoDB, ElasticSearch, Docker and AWS. These are some of the ways we plan to succeed.
You'll be responsible for:
- Producing modular, well-tested, and documented code
- Developing and supporting a Single Page Application, Node.js APIs, backend services and data stores
- Collaborating on ideas and thinking through problems with the engineering team
- Contributing to application architecture with an eye on scalability, performance, availability, and security
- Publishing, deploying, monitoring, and troubleshooting code throughout a CI/CD microservices-based distributed application deployment pipeline
- Working closely with other developers and test engineers
- May involve handling sensitive personal data
- 2+ years experience
- You have a passion for developing high-quality, well-tested code
- You’re always refactoring your code to be cleaner and using build tools to optimize performance
- You have experience developing and debugging Node.js applications in a large-scale production environment
- You’re familiar with unit testing, integration testing, and end-to-end testing and know when each is appropriate
- You have experience with Github and Agile Development
- You're knowledgeable in deploying to and monitoring applications in AWS or other cloud infrastructure
Kustomer offers an array of benefits including competitive salaries, stock options, 100% healthcare coverage, 401K, commuter benefits, and a generous vacation policy.
Diversity & Inclusion at Kustomer
Kustomer is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, Veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Learn More About Kustomer: