Site Reliability Engineer
CLEAR’s mission is to strengthen security and create frictionless experiences for consumers. We believe you are you and by using your biometrics - your fingerprints, eyes, and face - we keep you moving. Imagine a world where you can do virtually everything you need to – breeze through the airport, buy a beer at the game, check-in at the doctor’s office, access your office building, and more – without ever pulling out your wallet or phone. Now in 60+ airports and other venues nationwide, you are your ID, credit card, ticket, reservation and more with CLEAR.
We’re defining and leading an entirely new industry, obsessing over our customers, and investing in great people to lead the way. Recently named on CNBC’s Disruptor 50 List and winner of the SXSW Interactive Innovation Award, we're working tirelessly to create frictionless customer experiences for our 3+ million members across the country.
In this role, you will build a fully automated infrastructure by leveraging cutting-edge technologies like Docker, Kubernetes, Ansible, and Terraform. The ideal candidate for this role approaches technology operations as a systems engineering discipline, obtains and analyzes data to identify trouble spots and optimization opportunities, and applies software development practices to to improve the reliability of CLEAR’s platform and services. To succeed in this role you need to be passionate about making constant incremental improvements to systems, laser focused on availability and performance, and driven to automate all the things.
What You Will Do:
- Support development initiatives to build highly automated, tuned, and reliable systems and services. Contribute to design and implementation decisions, development, and ongoing refactoring.
- Implement tools that analyze and monitor performance and availability; use your findings to make informed decisions on how to improve existing systems and processes
- Bring SRE best practices in-house (post-mortems, trend analysis, availability standards, etc.) and help set the tone around service operations and reliability
- Develop and deliver timely reports on service metrics including but not limited to availability, capacity, performance, and latency across production system
Who You Are:
- You are passionate about making better software and continuously improving the development, integration, and deployment processes
- You enjoy new technological challenges and are motivated to find creative solutions to solve them
- You are highly motivated, self-starter who thrives in a bottoms-up, fast-paced, highly technical environment
- You know how to design, implement, and iterate CI/CD tooling and techniques to improve CLEAR’s ability to deliver software and services quickly and reliably
- Expertise in incident and problem management including timely problem identification, successful resolution, and root-cause analysis
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to communicate technology concepts and practices
- Strong expertise in monitoring tools (AppDynamics/App Insights/Sumo Logic/etc.)
- Experience with configuration management tools (Ansible, Chef, Puppet, etc)
- Strong working knowledge of containers, container orchestration, and AWS environment and tools.