Site Reliability Engineer
The Role and Responsibilities
The Hinge team is looking for a talented Site Reliability Engineer to join our growing team. As a new member of our SRE team, you will partner with our Director of Site Reliability to scale the capacity of current infrastructure to handle user growth and provide a back up to our on-call rotation. We’re looking for people who are just as passionate about troubleshooting issues as they are about collaborating to solve problems.
Objectives in the first year:
- Launch and scale infrastructure/Kubernetes on demand
- Deploy cloud native storage
- Add security scans to the existing CI/CD pipelines
- Extend Kubernetes into additional cloud provider for Disaster Recovery
- Scale capacity of current infrastructure to handle at least 10x user growth
- 5+ Years of experiences in SRE / DevOps
- Proficiency in one or more of the following languages: Go, Ruby, Python, Bash
- Strong experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- A belief in data-driven analysis and problem-solving and a proven track record in applying these principles
- Startup experience is a plus
- 1+ year experience with Kubernetes
We believe the quality of your relationships determines the quality of your life. So when it comes to your most important relationship, it makes sense to take a more thoughtful approach. Hinge provides an alternative to swipe culture by creating smart matches and natural conversations among people who are on the same page. That’s why 75% of our first dates turn into second dates, and why we’re the #1 mobile-first dating app mentioned in the NYTimes Wedding section. Hinge is where the next generation is going when they’re over dating games and ready to find meaningful connections.
- Open: Invite and deeply consider challenges and criticism.
- Candid: Share your genuine thoughts and opinions directly, in real time.
- Kind: Be empathetic, communitarian and trustworthy.
- Bold: Proactively identify and pursue opportunity. Think big and don’t be afraid to take calculated risks.
- Discerning: Think and act using the appropriate combination of principles, common sense, data, and insight.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.