Site Reliability Engineer
Shapeways has set out to redefine product creation. It is a platform that enables the full creator experience through design, making, and selling--born out of its consumer 3D printing service, the largest in the world. Shapeways has over 1 million creators and has printed over 10 million products. The company supports creators with design tools and services, access to advanced production technology starting with 3D printing, and services to build a business. Printing in over 60 different materials and finishes, Shapeways has factories and offices in New York, the Netherlands, and partners around the globe. It is a spin-out of the lifestyle incubator of Royal Philips Electronics, and investors include Union Square Ventures, Lux Capital, Andreessen Horowitz, INKEF Capital, Index Ventures, Hewlett Packard Ventures, and Presidio Ventures.
Why are Site Reliability Engineers important to us?
As a Site Reliability Engineer at Shapeways, you’ll design and maintain infrastructure and tools for our production systems, 3D Printing factories, and development environments. Your primary duty is to ensure availability and performance across all of our products and services. You have a mix of deep technical knowledge and operational business sense. You can deploy and scale systems in a fast-paced startup environment. You have datacenter or cloud experience, you learn quickly and you know how to work well as part of a team.
As a Site Reliability Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Ensure availability and performance of Shapeways products and services
- Build and maintain development and live environments and supporting infrastructure in conjunction with the AppDev team
- Plan and execute system upgrades
- Building and maintaining configuration management systems
- On call for a production environment
- Helping manage the cost of our infrastructure
- Monitoring and Escalation
You might be a good fit if you have:
- Strong knowledge of web platforms and technologies, including PHP, Python, MySQL, Nginx, Haproxy
- Experience with scripting in Shell and other scripting languages, and ability to read code in any language
- Built and maintained configuration management - Puppet and Terraform a plus
- A laser-focus on uptime, and how to improve it, including HA best practices, DR procedures, and graceful degradation.
Benefits and perks include:
- Comprehensive Health Package - We offer a great medical plan option that provides coverage to the employee for free
- 401(k) with Safe Harbor matching - Join the team and we will invest in your future
- Parental Leave - Generous Paid time off for new parents
- Ample Paid Time Off - PTO plus sick days. Whether it’s traveling the world, taking a mental health day, or going to the dentist... because Life.
- Great Snacks and Free Lunch - Fully stocked fridge, and fancy coffee. Weekly catered lunch in our Manhattan office.
- Regular Happy Hours - Cheers to themed happy hours! Enjoy extra time for getting to know your teammates.
- Credit for 3D Printing - Every employee receives $100 of Shapeways credit each quarter to make or buy.