Site Reliability Engineer
As a Site Reliability Engineer, you’ll work closely with other SREs and developers to ensure Vimeo remains available and fast. You'll build infrastructure tools, manage production changes, design alerts, and work with developers to ensure new systems are scalable, predictable, and reliable. You’ll be instrumental in building the best video streaming experience on the 'net.
What you'll do:
- Sustainably scale all parts of Vimeo.com by improving our infrastructure and automation as we grow
- Ensure the reliability and performance of Vimeo.com and its various subsystems
- Troubleshoot issues in a production environment, and identify how to prevent them from happening again
- Consult with development teams to build reliable, sustainable systems
- Develop and maintain alerts, dashboards, and triage issues with our hardware, software, and network.
- Take part in an on-call rotation
Skills and knowledge you should possess:
- 4+ years of experience with Linux
- Experience programming with at least one of: Python, Go, Ruby, or PHP
- Experience with configuration management (including tools like Chef, Puppet, Ansible, or others)
- Experience managing high-throughput, high-availability systems
- Knowledge of networking protocols, including familiarity with TCP/IP, HTTP, SSL, and DNS
- Knowledge of monitoring systems and strategies for writing useful alerts.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related field
- Experience with Linux containerization technologies
- Experience with cluster managers like Mesos, Kubernetes, or Nomad
At Vimeo, our mission is to empower video creators to tell exceptional stories and connect with their audiences and communities. Home to more than 80 million members in over 150 countries, Vimeo is the world’s largest ad-free open video platform, providing powerful tools to host, share and sell videos in the highest quality possible.
We work hard to enable creators of all kinds to succeed, and to that end, we prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and creativity. We’re committed to building a company and a community where people thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do their best work every day.
Vimeo is based in New York City, with additional offices in Europe and India. Vimeo is an operating business of IAC (NASDAQ: IAC). Learn more at www.vimeo.com.