Service Operations Engineer
As a Service Operations Engineer at Smartly.io, you will
- Make sure that Smartly is known for the best-in-class service globally
- Understand the business ecosystem deeply, identify problems and solutions for businesses
- Build technical expertise in Facebook products including Ads API, Pages, Platform and provide consultative guidance to businesses
- Work with the technological challenges of world’s largest online advertisers
- Help launch products including supporting Alpha and Beta programs
- Handle support escalations
- Quickly resolve advertiser issues, including campaign performance and product bugs
- Collaborate with customers, account managers and product development team to design new product features and improve existing ones
- Build internal and external facing materials for support and education
- Work with the nicest and brightest teammates in a flat organisation
- Have a competitive salary + option plans
- Recharge yourself with full 5 weeks of paid annual leave
- Enjoy weekly breakfasts, Friday demos with beer and monthly sports with the team
We're looking for you, if you have
- A genuine interest in online marketing and willingness to push yourself to exceed your goals and an ability to learn new things quickly.
- 2-3 years of technical background from modern web technologies like React or AngularJS (our tech stack includes Ruby on Rails, Scala, React+Redux+Flow, PHP, MongoDB, Cassandra and PostgreSQL).
- 2-3 years technical support experience in a customer facing role.
- 2+ years experience in ad tech or online marketing industry.
- Always looking to improve and automate - being “lazy” with manual tasks is good quality. You can build your own tools to help you and rest of the team.
- Fluent spoken and written English
- Work permit in US
Recruiting process Smartly.io hires people that are extremely quick to learn new things because online marketing and Facebook as a platform evolve incredibly fast all the time. Our recruiting steps are designed to give you a realistic glimpse of the job, but also to test your ability and willingness to learn quickly and apply the fast-changing concepts of online advertising to maximize positive impact for your customers. The recruiting process is an opportunity for both you and us to see if we're made for each other. STEP 1 - Introductory calls with our talent team and your potential team lead. STEP 2 - Homework assignment where you'll learn the basics and more challenging concepts of Facebook advertising. STEP 3 - Role interview and discussion on Facebook advertising concepts, your ambitions and passions with the team. STEP 4 - Sales demo simulation where you need to convince us to start trial with the Smartly.io tool. STEP 5 - Discussion with our leadership team. Who we are Smartly.io is a fast-growing team of 200+ Humble Hungry Hunters. We are building a B2B SaaS tool to fully automate and optimize online marketing at scale for the largest advertisers across the globe. We are a global company with 36 nationalities and footholds in 17 cities, serving 600+ customers across the globe, including eBay, Uber and TechStyle. We are on a mission to make online advertising easy, efficient, and enjoyable across all major platforms. Easy as in automated, efficient as in constantly driving performance, and enjoyable through the best user experience and service in the market. We do this by combining creative automation, ad operations, and outstanding customer service to help brands scale their results – not headcount. Great people choose us and stay with us because they like our company culture and how we tackle challenges of huge scale at speed. Learn more about how we work at smartly.io/culturehandbook.