As a Service Operations Engineer, you are an expert in what customers need and in solving their challenges hands-on. You’ll be part of a client-facing engineering team working with some of the biggest and most advanced online performance marketers globally. You’ll be a front line firefighter and a system builder, making sure all the valuable information from the customers is being heard and turned into action. You will spend roughly 50 % of your time on development and 50 % consulting and guiding customers.
This role comes with great responsibility and requires a variety of skills: you’ll serve as a vital link, translator and communicator between customers and our equally world class product development team. Ideally you can’t wait to get your hands on building processes and scaling things up quickly. Your heart beats for the customer and serving them with understanding and care. You will have the opportunity to work closely with our Engineering team that develops our web application, Product and Marketing teams and learn from all of them. As the Service Operations team is responsible for making sure that the problems they find will not come back, you’ll get to make the customer’s life easier as well as improve our core product. None of your days will be quite alike – exciting times guaranteed!
We're constantly looking for great talents to this position.
>> Learn more about our company culture and how we work at smartly.io/culturehandbook
>> Browse open positions at smartly.io/careers
As a Service Operations Engineer at Smartly.io, you will
- Make sure that Smartly is known for the best-in-class service globally
- Understand the business ecosystem deeply, identify problems and solutions for businesses
- Build technical expertise in Facebook products including Ads API, Pages, Platform and provide consultative guidance to businesses
- Work with the technological challenges of world’s largest online advertisers
- Help launch products including supporting Alpha and Beta programs
- Handle support escalations
- Quickly resolve advertiser issues, including campaign performance and product bugs
- Collaborate with customers, account managers and product development team to design new product features and improve existing ones
- Build internal and external facing materials for support and education
- Work with the nicest and brightest teammates in a flat organisation
- Have a competitive salary + option plans
- Recharge yourself with full 5 weeks of paid annual leave
- Enjoy weekly breakfasts, Friday demos with beer and monthly sports with the team
We're looking for you, if you have
- A genuine interest in online marketing and willingness to push yourself to exceed your goals and an ability to learn new things quickly.
- 2-3 years of technical background from modern web technologies like React or AngularJS (our tech stack includes Ruby on Rails, Scala, React+Redux+Flow, PHP, MongoDB, Cassandra and PostgreSQL).
- 2-3 years technical support experience in a customer facing role.
- 2+ years experience in ad tech or online marketing industry.
- Always looking to improve and automate - being “lazy” with manual tasks is good quality. You can build your own tools to help you and rest of the team.
- Fluent spoken and written English
- Legal right to work in the US.
Smartly.io hires people that are extremely quick to learn new things because online marketing and Facebook as a platform evolve incredibly fast all the time. Our recruiting steps are designed to give you a realistic glimpse of the job, but also to test your ability and willingness to learn quickly and apply the fast-changing concepts of online advertising to maximize positive impact for your customers.
The recruiting process is an opportunity for both you and us to see if we're made for each other.
STEP 1 - Introductory calls with our talent team and your potential team lead.
STEP 2 - Assignment where you’ll solve a tech puzzle to showcase your technical problem solving skills.
STEP 3 - Role interview and discussion on Facebook advertising concepts, your technical knowledge and passions with the team.
STEP 4 - Product demo simulation where you need to convince us to start trial with the Smartly.io tool.
STEP 5 - Discussion with our leadership team.
Who we are
Smartly.io is a fast-growing team of 300+ Humble Hungry Hunters. We are building a B2B SaaS product to fully automate and optimize online marketing at scale for the largest advertisers across the globe. We are a global company with 36 nationalities and footholds in 17 cities, serving 650+ brands across the globe, including eBay, Uber and TechStyle.
We are on a mission to make online advertising easy, efficient, and enjoyable across all major platforms. Easy as in automated, efficient as in constantly driving performance, and enjoyable through the best user experience and service in the market. We do this by combining creative automation, ad operations, and outstanding customer service to help brands scale their results – not headcount.
Great people choose us and stay with us because they like our company culture and how we tackle challenges of huge scale at speed. Learn more about how we work at smartly.io/culturehandbook.
Some things we're proud of:
- 94% of Smartlies recommend the company as a great place to work.
- 4.9/5 stars on Glassdoor.
- 2017 Digiday WorkLife Awards: Tech Platform with the Most Innovative Culture.