Senior Software Engineer
About The Role
We're looking for someone who is passionate about building high-quality software and driving the productivity of an entire organization. You will join a team dedicated to building out the tools, infrastructure, and training, that will sustain WeWork’s incredible growth as a technology company. Your efforts will enable engineers across the company to develop software faster and with higher confidence by making the right thing to do the easy thing to do, with awesome test tools and valuable insights into the code health. We value empathetic collaborators and are looking forward to welcoming your contribution to our team.
About The Team
The Test Infrastructure team believes high-quality tests are the secret sauce that powers an organization's technology growth. It is the foundation of continuous delivery, it drives good software design, and it serves as always-up-to-date documentation of the software. High quality and pervasive tests make ordinarily terrifying changes mundane and ensure that developers can spend most of their time on what they do best. Driving that change across an organization is as much about evangelizing culture as it is about evangelizing tools. We are charged with driving that change. We are a deeply technical team and we work with Engineers and Engineers in Test daily, to help them achieve the next level of software maturity. We develop tools that can be used across a variety of languages and work to empower engineers to holistically own quality.
- Lead the development of well documented easy-to-use tools for testing microservices applications
- Build services and dashboards that will provide individual contributors, managers, and product owners, the insights they need to make data-driven decisions about their software
- Evangelize the use of valuable open source tools that will help teams across WeWork achieve the next level of software maturity
- Contribute enhancements and valuable tools we make back to the open source community
- Form a holistic understanding of the needs of our engineering community and what we can do that will have the most impact on their productivity
- 5-7+ years of experience
- Experience working in Agile teams, working in sprints, and documenting work clearly
- Ability to dive deep when talking about software design and best practices
- Experience with a wide variety of unit testing and static analysis tools
- Experience with microservices and container tools such as Docker, Kubernetes, Helm
- Strong foundation in algorithms and data structures and their real-world use cases
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills and an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams
- Experience in open source development
- Mentoring or teaching or public speaking experience
WeWork is the platform for creators. We provide beautiful workspace, an inspiring community, and meaningful business services to tens of thousands of members around the world. Our mission is to create a world where people work to make a life, not just a living. WeWork members are creators who run the gamut from entrepreneurs, freelancers, and startups, to artists, small businesses and even divisions of large corporations. Beyond providing workspace for our members, we actively look for an opportunity to provide services and experiences to foster an engaged and growing community of creators. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.