Senior Software Engineer
Greater NYC Area
DailyPay, a New York based technology company, is rapidly accelerating in its mission is to help America’s Workforce take control of their financial lives. DailyPay is the pioneer in providing employees real-time access to earned wages daily, across all industries. With DailyPay, employees can pay bills on time avoiding late fees and payday loans. Many enterprise and midcap companies, including Berkshire Hathaway, Boston Market, Vera Bradley, Adecco, and Burger King, have reported that DailyPay has improved employee engagement, satisfaction and retention. The company has gained traction over the last year - named “Finalist in Next Great HR Technology”, HR Tech’s “Top 10 HRMS Solutions”, PACE “Best in Show Award” Winner, CreditDonkey’s “Best Finance Technology” and 50 NYC Startups to Watch. DailyPay is backed by leading venture capital firms and world-class strategic investors; DailyPay is lighting the path to financial security.
DailyPay is looking for talented and motivated engineers with 4+ years of experience as a professional software engineer. DailyPay engineers own entire features in our system. You'll influence the initial specs for the feature, build/modify the backend , write the front-end code to polish it up, and be responsible for ongoing improvements once the feature is deployed.
- Own what you build as you architect, test, and refine the DailyPay platform
- Tackle a wide variety of technical problems up and down the stack and contribute daily to all parts of our code base
- Prototype, iterate, and deploy updates on a daily basis
- Be surrounded by smart, highly motivated teammates with decades of experience in the finance, technology, and payroll industries
Core Competencies & Accomplishments
- Deep experience in developing and scaling web applications in Ruby on Rails
- Successful track record of building and maintaining large, performant codebases
- Appreciation for a test-driven, code review culture
- Well-structured, easily maintainable, well-documented code that balances beauty and pragmatism
- 4-year degree in Computer Science highly preferred
At DailyPay, our mission is to offer people their first steps toward financial security. DailyPay partners with companies to offer employees the ability to control when they get paid. Not only does this solution empower financial wellness, but for the company, DailyPay acts as a tool to recruit, retain, and engage their workforce.
This is an opportunity to join a Series c funded financial technology company that is making an incredible impact in the market. It is an exciting time to join our growing team, where we are always learning and expanding our skill sets at an accelerated pace. We are a high performing, collaborative and ambitious team that is excited to make a big impact (in business and in the community).
DailyPay is dedicated to providing the environment, resources, and culture to empower and accelerate our employees professional growth and development. We believe that we are only as good as our people, so we invest in every opportunity to empower our workforce to succeed.
Full List of Benefits
Great health vision, and dental care
Our compensation is competitive
Support in professional and career development
Monthly happy hours and fun team and company outings
Unlimited books from Amazon
Read Full Job Description