Senior Software Engineer - Revenue Optimization
About the Role:
We are looking for a hardworking, hands-on senior Full Stack Engineer to help us build our product vision for the next generation of our pricing & inventory management platform. In this role you will lead an engineering group of multi-faceted and dedicated full stack / backend / and front end engineers, and own, design, and architect our platform.You will re-invent the design experience by optimizing across disparate systems and to build an intelligent, data-driven, self-learning platform that will be power a premier class, advanced, predictive recommendations engine.
About the Mission:
The Revenue Optimization team focuses on building the foundations for pricing/yield management and inventory optimizations through state-of-the-art analytics and predictive modeling. The group acts as an in-house consulting team analyzing data to define strategies and execute on initiatives that will maximize the revenue streams for WeWork.
- You will guide a team of 7+ software developers (external resources / additional to above main team) in making technical decisions
- You can architect our advanced, centralized pricing & inventory management platform (which will be used company-wide by multiple end users)
- You can design and build machine learning infrastructure to facilitate training and tuning of our models
- You will own the entire stack of our applications, including a web layer being developed in React, a service layer being developed in Java and Python, and a backend that will use AWS RDS, Redshift and potentially other Big Data technologies
- You will be the engineering lead in sprint execution plans and can lead/guide the team through sprint(s) scoping, resource allocation and commitment
- Drive POC activities, initiating new frameworks or services while taking hands-on role in the execution part
- Establish strong relationships across all the company’s Technology Missions and act as our ambassador embracing innovation, collaboration, and following best practices
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field is required (MS is a plus).
- Deep understanding of CS fundamentals (data structures, algorithms and programming languages)
- 8+ years of overall software development experience
- At least two years worth of experience in the following areas:
- Python, Java, REST, Ruby, Spring, SQL, AngularJS or similar web frameworks
WeWork Technology is bridging the gap between physical and digital platforms, providing a delightful, flawless & powerful experience for members and employees. We build software and hardware that enables our members to connect with each other and the space around them like never before.
We augment our community and culture teams through the tools we build. We believe there’s a macro shift toward a new way of working—one focused on a movement towards meaning and purpose. WeWork Technology is proud to be shaping this movement.
We are a team of passionate, fearless and collaborative problem-solvers distributed globally with one goal in mind - to humanize technology across the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.