Senior Software Engineer, Full Stack
Paperless Post is seeking a full stack engineer to help build and refine a sophisticated platform with a deep network of over 100 million users. You’ll work on all parts of the development cycle, in many different areas of code, and on constantly releasing features as part of a deeply collaborative team with a robust development process. Working with a cross-disciplinary team, you’ll build and support a reliable, scalable product while balancing requirements and complexity.
A little about us
Paperless Post is a social utility that uses technology to reimagine invitations and bring people together in the real world. Our card product is the leading product in the formal digital event space, and we just released Flyer, a flexible new event product that is fun to design and simple to share. The PP Engineering team is a highly collaborative group of developers and technologists that’s charged with building and refining a consumer-facing product that millions of people interact with each month. Our individual feature teams each focus on a unique piece of the user experience and are made up of engineers, product managers, QA, and product designers. We prioritize creativity and continuing education, and our ongoing commitment to quality code shows in our pragmatic but fearless approach to technology.
What you’ll do here:
- Work closely with other developers to organize and prioritize your efforts for performance, stability, and clean code.
- Make engineering and product decisions based on rigorous data analysis and collaboration with our in-house Data team.
- Stay current on technology trends and participate in internal tech talks, hack days, and learning sessions.
- Become the best child/spouse/sibling/friend because you’ll send more greeting cards than you ever thought possible.
What you bring to the table:
You absolutely must have hard skills, a good attitude, and demonstrated experience. Beyond that, we’re open-minded. Here are some examples of things that spark our interest:
- Experience helping scale something substantial, such as traffic, code, or infrastructure.
- An eagerness to embrace an engineering culture that values testing, code review, and leaving things better than the way you found them.
- Curiosity for knowing why something is done with the goal of doing it the best way possible.
- Passion for product quality and attention to detail.
- The ability to be opinionated but not dogmatic.
- Comfort backing ideas up with logic and data.
- Humility, gumption, moxie, and other fun, old-timey synonyms for that type of can-do attitude.
Company-wide we enjoy an amazing ecosystem of an even gender split and healthy balance of engineers and designers. Because Paperless Post isn’t supported by ad revenue, we get to spend our days focused on creating and improving on the ideal version of our platform, product, content, and partnerships for our users.