Senior Software Engineer - Backend
Customer Friendships are created with Kustomer. Our customer management platform for the people-first enterprise is intelligent, powerful and flexible, and scales to meet the needs of any contact center and business. Agent-friendly as well as customer-friendly – Kustomer unifies data from multiple sources, enabling companies to deliver effortless, consistent and personalized service and support through one single timeline view. Today, Kustomer is the core platform of some of the leading People-first brands like Ring, Rent the Runway, Glossier, Away, Glovo, Slice, Sweetgreen, Stella & Dot, and UNTUCKit. Headquartered in NYC, Kustomer was founded in 2015 by serial entrepreneurs Brad Birnbaum and Jeremy Suriel.
About the Role
Kustomer’s backend engineering team is responsible for building, scaling, and innovating on the APIs, data platform, and automations that power our customers’ support teams. We are all about microservices, CI and CD. Our platform is clean, simple and massively scalable in the cloud using the latest tools like MongoDB, ElasticSearch, Docker and AWS. We work closely with the frontend team and their React single page app, helping build for a simple and modern user experience.
You'll be responsible for:
- Producing modular, well-tested, and documented code
- Developing and supporting a Single Page Application, Node.js APIs, backend services and data stores
- Collaborating on ideas and thinking through problems with the engineering team
- Contributing to application architecture with an eye on scalability, performance, availability, and security
- Publishing, deploying, monitoring, and troubleshooting code throughout a CI/CD microservices-based distributed application deployment pipeline
- Partnering with our product, design, and CX teams
- May involve handling sensitive personal data
- You have a passion for developing high-quality, well-tested code
- You’re always refactoring your code to be cleaner and using build tools to optimize performance
- You have experience developing and debugging Node.js applications in a large-scale production environment
- You’re familiar with unit testing, integration testing, and end-to-end testing and know when each is appropriate
- You have experience with Github and Agile Development
- You're knowledgeable in deploying to and monitoring applications in AWS or other cloud infrastructure
- You’re comfortable communicating technical concepts to cross-functional teams
- You make others better through code reviews, thorough documentation, technical guidance, and mentoring
Kustomer offers an array of benefits including competitive salaries, stock options, 100% healthcare coverage, 401K, commuter benefits, and a generous vacation policy.
Diversity & Inclusion at Kustomer
Kustomer is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, Veteran status, or any other legally protected status.