Senior Software Engineer, Backend
We are looking for a Software Engineer to develop backend solutions for our suite of mobile and web-based products. The ideal candidate’s prior work experience reflects high standards for engineering with proven capabilities. The candidate possesses the ability to take on important business challenges and execute them with precision and quality.
- 4+ years experience in a similar role
- Meaningful, real-world experience with any other of the following: Go, Python, Ruby, Java, or similar
- Experience with Database technologies (MongoDB, PostgreSQL, MySQL, DynamoDB, etc)
- Experience with messaging (RabbitMQ, Kafka)
- Knowledge of cloud computing
- Experience with modern source code management (git)
- Excellent communication skills, particularly when explaining technical matters to less technical teammates
- Ability to integrate concepts and methodologies into concrete product implementations
- Ability to work independently and quickly, but cares about precision and details, doing whatever it takes to get the job done
- Encouraged to take risks and push yourself to new heights
- Ability to estimate, plan and prioritize own tasks
- Extremely detail-oriented
NICE TO HAVES
- BA/BS degree, preferably in a technical field (Computer Science, IT, etc) or equivalent practical experience
- Strong experience with node.js
- Experience with hapi.js framework
- Experience with Go
- Strong unit testing experience
- Experience with HIPAA and strong security practices
- Experience integrating with third party health systems
ABOUT PAGER ENGINEERING
- Decentralized in decision making
- Learning culture
OUR TECH STACK
- Node.js, Python, Go
- Native iOS and Android
- Vue.js, ember.js
- Mongo, Postgres, Redis
- Jenkins, Docker, AWS, Google Cloud
- New Relic, Sentry, Pagerduty
- Microservice architecture
- Open source
Founded by an experienced team of serial entrepreneurs from successful startups (Uber, Teladoc, Gilt, One Medical Group, Buzzfeed), we are passionate about improving access to high quality and personal health care.
From long days of perfecting a great product to long nights of happy hours and group dinners, we are looking for someone smart, energetic, and fun to join our tight-knit and growing team.
A passion for health care is not necessary to apply; however, a passion for improving the lives of people and living a better life through technology is a must.
At Pager, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.