Senior Site Reliability Engineer
About the Role:
As a Senior Site Reliability Engineer on this team, you will be responsible for the infrastructure of our core backend system and other future services. You’ll be tasked with optimizing our current infrastructure, identifying areas for improvement, and building tools and systems to automate processes where we can. With you at the helm, our systems should become more performant, reliable, and available.
- Manage the full lifecycle of services — from initial setup and release to day-to-day CI/CD. Should be passionate about building software to streamline and automate service deployment and operation for engineers.
- Maintain services by monitoring and measuring availability, latency, and overall system health and iteratively push for improvement in these areas by introducing new technologies or developing new tools.
- Provide vision and guidance for the evolution of our service architecture, with a focus on scalability and reliability.
- Assist in early stage planning for new services through architecture and systems design reviews
- Evangelize and practice effective incident response management
- 5+ years of experience in systems engineering
- Knowledge of Ruby, Java, C, C++, or Python
- Ability to analyze and debug complex software and infrastructure issues, and develop tools/systems for task automation.
- Excellent communication skills -- need to be able to effectively manage communication with multiple engineering hubs over different time zones.
- Experience working with AWS and web application deployment tools such as Heroku, and tools used to deploy and monitor cloud applications. Should have experience setting up and maintaining CI/CD pipelines with Jenkins or similar.
WeWork is the platform for creators, providing hundreds of thousands of members around the world with space, community, and services that enable them to do what they love and create their life's work. Our mission is to create a world where people work to make a life, not just a living, and our own team members are central to that goal.
WeWork is creating a layer of technology to power our vision of “space as a service”. From identifying and designing a new location, to bringing that space to market in an elastic, easy-to-consume way, to seamlessly operating these spaces to delight our members, we are building state-of-the-art systems to automate, optimize, and enhance the experience. The data we are collecting is being used to dynamically optimize utilization, pricing, even layout and form factor. This technology advantage has allowed WeWork to scale to 200+ buildings in 20+ countries, and will be our competitive advantage as the company continues to grow.
The mission of Product Offerings & Growth is to deliver technology that powers the growth of our core businesses, by providing the right products to the right people at the right price at the right time. It includes how we create product offerings out of SKUs, sellable inventory, and membership rules, at a dynamically optimized price. Product Offerings & Growth covers the the entire journey of a member, from their first interaction with our website or a salesperson, all the way through providing the right account visibility and flexibility so they stay a member for life and grow with us.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.