Senior Quality Engineer, Mobile Apps
Getting together with real people in real life makes powerful things happen. Side hustles become careers, ideas become movements, and chance encounters become lifelong connections. At Meetup, we've made it our mission to empower personal growth through real human connections because we see a future built on deep trust and collective effort. We are creating a world where people can turn to each other to improve their lives.
Quality engineers are software quality and automation experts that lead, plan and help execute automated and manual testing strategies to maintain high quality in an environment of frequent releases & continuous delivery.
It's an exciting opportunity to help a team responsible for a critical area of Meetup -- our native apps team. The future is mobile! Our iOS & Android apps are used by millions of our most engaged users and empower people to meet up in real life. You'll be leading creating automation testing for both our iOS & Android platforms, as well as ensuring we have integration & contract tests in place for our APIs. If you're applying for this role, you believe in working closely with engineers to ensure quality is baked into our team and development processes.
You're our ideal team member if you:
- Are a leader with strong desire to build high quality applications influence quality practices in a team.
- Have experience building automation pipelines for mobile applications.
- Have experience building from scratch and managing an automated testing platform, as well as writing and maintaining automated tests using these platforms.
- Have experience writing contract tests for APIs
- Are excited about learning new testing frameworks & programming languages, and using the right tools to deliver value to our users.
- Want to collaborate with product managers, designers and other engineers to solve open-ended problems and roadmap solutions.
- Are driven by results at product, team, and individual levels.
What you get to do:
- Participate in the planning and shaping of how automation and testing will work within Meetup's native apps.
- Be an automation expert. Drive our automation engineering framework, tools, and approach.
- Work closely with engineers in the team to define how testing is done and enable them to deliver a high quality product.
- Design and perform functional, regression, and stress tests (manual & automated) to ensure our apps work smoothly for all members.
Our engineers are smart, flexible, great problem solvers. We build fast and release code often, relying on great quality, automation and processes to increase productivity.
Check out our engineering blog: https://medium.com/making-meetup
Meetup employees are bold, supportive, and passionate about empowering people to come together and create community for everyone. We care about moving fast, real-world change, and building diverse, dynamic teams in a safe and inclusive environment. You in?