Senior Quality Engineer, Berlin
The spark of a meaningful interaction makes people braver. It encourages participation, action, and the willingness to try -- the stuff of progress. Through Meetup, people come together, they create new possibilities for each other. It begins simply, with a handshake and a hello, but its effects can be profound: Millions of lives changed.
At Meetup, we've made it our mission to empower personal growth through real human connections because we see a future built on deep trust and collective effort. We are creating a world where people can turn to each other to improve their lives.
You'll be leading the creation and upkeep of automation testing for our web application, as well as ensuring we have integration & contract tests in place for our APIs. If you're applying for this role, you believe in working closely with engineers to ensure quality is baked into our team and development processes. Senior engineers at Meetup lead by example, working with and mentoring other Engineers about best practices. They also focus on the experience of our members & organizers, making sure we are building quality products for these people.
You're our ideal team member if you:
- Have 5+ years' experience testing web platforms
- Are a team player with strong desire to build high quality applications and influence quality practices within a team
- Have experience building automation pipelines for web applications
- Have experience building from scratch and managing an automated testing platform, as well as writing and maintaining automated tests using these platforms
- Have experience writing contract tests for APIs
- Are excited about learning new testing frameworks & programming languages, and using the right tools to deliver value to our users
- Want to collaborate with product managers, designers and other engineers to solve open-ended problems and roadmap solutions
- Have experience in Agile/XP practices (TDD/Pairing/Continuous Integration) and interested in mentoring others on it
- Have a deep understanding of software development lifecycle
- Are able to identify trade offs while testing changes in a legacy codebase
What you get to do:
- Participate in the planning and shaping of how automation and testing will work within Meetup's web apps and internal services.
- Be an automation expert. Drive our automation engineering framework, tools, and approach.
- Work closely with engineers in the team to define how testing is done and enable them to deliver a high quality product.
- Design and perform functional, regression, and stress tests (manual & automated) to ensure our web application works smoothly for all users.
Our engineers are smart, flexible, great problem solvers. We build fast and release code often, relying on great quality, automation and processes to increase productivity.
We use Selenium, Robot Framework, React/Redux, NodeJS, Java and Scala, and currently we build new endpoints as Lambdas on AWS. Knowledge of these technologies isn't necessary as long as you are excited to learn.
Learn more about Meetup's engineering principles: https://medium.com/making-meetup
Meetup employees are bold, supportive, and passionate about enabling people to come together and create the future of real community, a future where people embrace their differences and similarities, show up, do things, and turn to each other to improve their lives. We care about moving fast, real-world change, and building diverse, dynamic teams in a safe and inclusive environment.