Senior Mobile Software Engineer, iOS SDKs
JW Player is looking for an accomplished Senior Mobile Software Engineer to join our Player SDKs team. The ideal candidate will have recent commercial experience developing native iOS applications, as well as applications built using a hybrid / WebView approach. This role will lead help lead the charge to enhance our JW Player SDK for iOS products to simplify the process of releasing video applications to mobile platforms.
JW Player is a global market leader and well-known brand in online video, powering video playback for over a billion unique users across millions of websites every month. We are a known driver of innovation in the online video space, allowing you to explore new technologies such as Chromecast, HLS/DASH, HTML5/CSS3 and cross-platform frameworks.
In this role, you will:
- Work closely with the product and engineering teams to deliver on the product roadmap and technical vision
- Lead development and launch of core features
- Influence technical strategy to build a product that developers will love
- Drive team discussions on SDK architecture and design
- Analyze and optimize application code for efficiency and performance
- Keep abreast of trends and platform updates that may improve or otherwise impact multimedia playback
- 5+ years experience building complex iOS applications using Objective-C or Swift with Cocoa, UIKit and other frameworks
- Knowledge of iOS SDK performance tools and optimization techniques
- Experience with multithreading programming
- Experience writing unit tests and testable code
- A proven track record of shipping software used in a production environment
- Experience leading a technical initiative through the entire software development lifecycle
- Experience with native media playback in iOS (AVPlayer / AVPlayerViewController / AVPictureInPictureController)
- Hybrid app development experience
About JW Player
JW Player pioneered video on the web over a decade ago and continues to innovate as the world’s largest network-independent platform for video delivery and intelligence. Media companies including Fox, VICE, Business Insider, and Univision, in addition to hundreds of thousands of creators of all types and sizes, rely on JW Player to deliver and monetize their content across all devices. JW Player’s massive global footprint of over 2 billion unique devices creates a powerful data graph of unique consumer insights and generates billions of incremental video views. The company is headquartered in New York, with offices in London and Eindhoven, and was named to Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500™ in 2017. For more information, visit http://www.jwplayer.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.