Senior Mobile Engineer
Blink Health is a well-funded healthcare technology company on a mission to make prescription drugs more accessible and affordable for everyone. We're scaling up in a highly complex vertical to change the way Americans access the prescription drugs they need.
Our proprietary platform and supply chain allows us to offer everyone — whether they have insurance or not — amazingly inexpensive prices on over 15,000 medications. With the addition of telemedicine and home delivery for prescriptions, Blink is providing a life-changing experience for people all over the country and fixing how opaque, unfair and overpriced healthcare has become. We are a highly collaborative team of builders and operators who invent new ways of working in an industry that historically has resisted innovation. Join us!
You're passionate about building native mobile apps that leverage the latest mobile features and technologies. You're focused on optimizing running code to provide a superior mobile experience with as small of an application footprint as possible. You know the do’s and don’ts of mobile development and value a great user experience as much as you value writing efficient code.
- You are a Mobile engineer who, above all, is excited to build products that give our customers the best possible experience purchasing prescription medications. You have professional experience working on a team turning ideas into reliable, maintainable code.
- We believe in using a small number of well-known tools like Java, Kotlin, Objective C, Swift. We are looking for engineers that value simplicity, pragmatism, have a bias towards action, and are passionate about building products that bring real value to our customers.
- Software Engineers at Blink are responsible for building our world class products. Your job is to take ownership over one of our hardest problems, envision and refine strategic solutions, and drive execution like an entrepreneur.
- You will collaborate closely with a talented, cross-functional team designers, product managers, data scientists, marketers, and operators. Through these partnerships, you’ll grow our business, build our core platform, and - above all - make sure that our customers have access to the least expensive and highest satisfaction pharmacy experience on earth.
- At Blink, we determine the specific focus of engineering roles through the interview process. Key potential areas of ownership include: our telemedicine platform; our home delivery experience; our growth team; our core pharmacy platform; and new product line development. We’ll work with you to find the right fit.
How to achieve success/acumen:
All Blinkers are expected to operate with our value of “Good Giving” in mind. Our culture is infused with the dedication and enthusiasm of employees who continuously strive to make a difference. Here’s how you will do that in this role.
Good Execution - Do your best work
- Fix performance problems and debug production issues
- Perform peer code and architecture reviews
- Build new features, write unit tests, and lead the release of these features to production.
- Develop and AB test new ReactJS components to improve our user experience
Good Owner - Be the CEO of your role
- Help the team ship new products and features successfully with the right skills, mentorship and organizational resources to deliver amazing experiences for our patients
- Coach, mentor and develop engineers to reach individual goals while fostering cross-functional collaboration and product success
- Take responsibility for the long term success of product projects and people
Good Learning - Learn something new every day
- Demonstrate curiosity and an interest in learning new techniques and improving upon best practices to stay up-to-date with current and emerging trends
- Lead by example putting new ideas into action, failing fast and learning from each experience
Good Feedback - Consider the perspective of others
- Listen actively and respond effectively through a variety of channels
- Give and receive candid and constructive feedback
- Promote trust and encourage teamwork allow the product team to do their best work
- Want to work in a highly collaborative environment: we believe a team can be stronger than its individual parts
- Are independent and curious
- Have 2+ years of Android or iOS development experience
- Are familiar with RESTful APIs to connect mobile applications to our back-end services
- Have strong knowledge of Android or iOS UI design principles, patterns and best practices
- Have experience with offline storage, threading, performance tuning and error handling
- Have a knack for writing well structured, reliable and maintainable code
- Are familiar with third-party libraries that help with common tasks
- Are proficient with code versioning tools, such as Git
- Can communicate effectively with other engineers, designers, product managers, and anyone else at Blink
Why Join Us:
At Blink, we put humans first. We want everyone at Blink to be able to do the best work of their lives. We are a relentlessly learning, constantly curious and aggressively collaborative cross-functional team dedicated to inventing new ways to improve the lives of our customers.
Blink Pharmacy App for Android
Blink Pharmacy App for iOS