Senior Manager, Trust & Governance
Have you ever wondered what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers, teams, and businesses around the world. We believe that today’s entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.
We want people who are passionate about making the internet a safer place for everyone.
We're looking for a Senior Manager to join our Security team with experience building governance, compliance, and privacy programs. Through collaboration with legal, internal audit, and technical teams, you’ll help guide DigitalOcean with respect to relevant regulation, compliance regimes, and customer trust and privacy.
You'll report to the Director of Security Engineering, but you will need to act independently with your team across the organization. As a Senior Manager you’ll be responsible for hiring individual contributors into the Trust and Governance team, and building a roadmap for the functions capabilities. You’ll have direct responsibility for our security controls and policies, vendor risk, customer trust, and privacy on one of the largest global public cloud environments.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Design and build DigitalOcean’s security trust, governance, privacy, and compliance functions.
- Form DigitalOcean’s stance on privacy and compliance topics as it relates to our customer-base, the kinds of information we collect, and where that information may potentially be shared through the course of business.
- Create communications and awareness campaigns for security and privacy topics to keep DigitalOcean employees and customers up to date with the latest developments.
- Lead annual compliance recertifications (Privacy Shield, ISO, and more), work with internal audit to plan and execute internal audits for security controls and policies.
- Engage prospective customers on their security-related questions and queries. Work with customer account managers to bring security a selling point for DigitalOcean.
- Maintain DigitalOcean security policies, controls, and security risk management.
What We’ll Expect From You:
- Comfort with a wide range of compliance and privacy regimes, and how the affect technology, hosting, and cloud companies.
- Demonstrated people management ability, for both direct reports and for achieving cross-functional outcomes.
- Knowledge of technical architectures, virtualized environments, continuous integration & delivery environments, and software engineering practices.
- Demonstrable experience collaborating and coordinating with legal, internal audit, engineering, and infrastructure teams.
- A habit of approaching new problems with creativity.
Why You’ll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it. We care deeply about each other and take our “no jerks” rule very seriously.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development. You’ll need to be great to get hired here and we promise you’ll get even better.
- We care about you. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, and a monthly commute allowance to make your trips to and from work easier.
- We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match. We also provide all employees with Kindles and reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We want you to love where you work. We have great office spaces located in the heart of SoHo NYC and Cambridge and offer daily catered lunches to keep your hunger at bay. We’re also very remote-friendly—we use Slack to communicate across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to onboard in-office and take an all-expenses paid trip to our annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the team at least once a year. We also allow employees to customize their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in office.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Want to learn more about our Security team? Clickhere!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Clickhere to hear from our employees!