Senior Manager, Quality Engineering
Harry’s is a men’s grooming brand that was built out of respect for quality craftsmanship, simple design, modern convenience and for guys who know they shouldn’t have to overpay for a great shave. We are able to deliver exceptional value and experiences to our customers because we are vertically integrated. From grinding steel into fine razors blades at our factory in Germany to selling our products directly to customers on our website and select retailers, we own the entire process.
Since launching in early 2013, we have been blown away by the customer response to our brand. Today, we have over 3 million customers and are growing fast. We’re now looking to bring amazing people, like you, together to redefine the way people interact with brands online and in stores across the country.
About the Team
The Harry's Inc. Quality Team is responsible for the quality of products for both the Harry’s brand and our many store brand partners. The Quality Team supports a key strategic goal of the company – to continue to provide high-quality products to customers and retailers all over the world.
About the Role
We are seeking a Quality Engineering Senior Manager to lead the creation and implementation of quality standards and inspection processes for new Men’s Skin Care products being developed by Harry's Inc., and ensure that we continue to deliver high-value quality products in a timely fashion. Additionally, you will support in diagnosing customer complaints and driving corrective actions by changing manufacturing processes, test methods, quality systems and product designs. You will work with teams in the New York and Germany offices, along with our third party manufacturing partners globally in a role that will have a tremendous impact on the company, and most importantly, on our customers.
What you will accomplish:
- Work cross-functionally (especially with the broader Supply Chain, Product Development and Engineering teams) to define and execute Supplier Quality Management and Supplier Development strategies, with the goal of reducing variation (and cost) in sourced and manufactured products.
- Work with suppliers to ensure all necessary quality activities are rigorously addressed during initial product release and on-going production.
- Proactively work with the Product Development team and suppliers to improve design for manufacturability and reduce defects and cost.
- Work with suppliers to quickly address and resolve any quality issues seen during on-going production.
- Implement quality tools such as: process mapping, Process FMEA, process control plans, process validation (IQ, OQ, PQ), Measurement System Analysis(MSA/GR&R), Statistical Process Control (SPC); and Design of Experiments(DOE).
- Support advanced product quality planning (APQP) process to ensure successful integration of new products into operations.
- Manage quality functions of the skin care product formulation, packaging and line qualification at our third party manufacturing partners.
- Ensure supplier test strategy aligns with quality goals & Harry's requirements. Execute supplier audits, CAPA’s and monitor metrics.
This should describe you:
- Minimum: Bachelor of Engineering
- 5-10 years of experience with 1-3 of them in a manufacturing or production environment
- Proven experience working in the skin care or cosmetics industry required.
- Exposure to both large (Fortune 1000) multinational companies and smaller, high growth companies
- Proven ability to make judgments in uncertain and unstructured environments
- Ability to build towards a future vision, making decisions now with the end goal in mind
- Ability to communicate complex problems in a straightforward and logical manner
- Ability to build lasting relationships with external partners and grow with them
- Intensely organized—Able to diligently track important figures and efficiently produce them in organized and easy to digest ways for the company
- Willing to travel regularly to our international suppliers
- You are a learner - always seeking to improve yourself, your team, and the world around you
- You thrive on direct, honest, and supportive communication
- You are always thinking about how to help the teammates around you excel
- To you, there’s nothing more exciting than a new challenge
- Sense of humor -- we take our work seriously and ourselves un-seriously
Here's who you'll work with:
- Reporting to Director of Quality
- Working in the Quality Engineering Team
- This role will work cross functionally with the R&D, Supply Chain and Distribution Teams.
Harry’s is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination against a job applicant on the basis of their race, color, religion, veteran status, sex, parental status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.