Senior iOS Engineer
At Prolific Interactive, our driving focus is “Let’s make it better”.
We’re an award-winning, mobile-focused product creation agency. We design and launch highly visible, innovative, real-world solutions for premier brands, and believe in working with partners - not clients - to help enhance their customers’ experiences. We are honored to be consistently recognized as industry leaders.
We want to have a profound impact on everyday lives, and shape the world we live in. We do this by putting people first, and by working in collaborative teams who value empathy and who are committed to relentlessly improving.
To help us deliver this impact, we're looking for a Senior iOS Engineer to join our team in Brooklyn. Senior iOS Engineers lead a small team of iOS engineers, providing technical solutions to real life problems. As a Senior You’ll shape our engineering culture by leading department initiatives that have a wide-ranging impact on the team. You will also play a meaningful role in educating our partners and colleagues on how our engineering team works and why it matters.
Your Responsibilities & Impact
Lead a production engineering team
- Collaborate with product and design leads to create and maintain the product’s technical roadmap
- Hold the product’s engineering team accountable for expectations and communication to ensure on-time quality work
- Build rapport with iOS engineers, coach them daily and fully own their technical growth
Support technological advancement
- Lead at least one departmental initiative
- Commit to exploring different iOS solutions for various product challenges
- Share and promote takeaways to foster a diverse and inclusive learning environment
Develop the engineering department
- Help ensure a curious, positive and empathetic engineering culture
- Lead interviews and support hiring manager to make hiring decisions
- Participate in new business pitches, sharing engineering insights and recommendations
Your Skills & Experience
- 3+ years industry engineering experience, creating native iOS apps with a proven track record of delivering excellent mobile products
- 1+ years of industry experience leading a nimble team of iOS engineers to architect, develop, test and deploy high quality software solutions with persistent customer focus within a fast-paced, iterative, agile environment
- Eagerness to embrace challenges daily with good understanding of our core values
- Proven ability to interface and coordinate with diverse cross-functional teams and prioritize across departments
- Always curious about technology trends and are committed to exploring courageously
- Enjoy communicating your ideas to identify and solve problems
- Tend to provide solutions, not excuses or problems
- Value team success over individual success
You’ll really catch our eye...
- If you are passionately leading and/or contributing to open source libraries
- If you actively write technical blog posts to share insights with the community
- If you are regularly speaking at events, with strong presentation skills
Our Benefits & Rewards
We know that our employees will do their best and most impactful work if they are happy, healthy, and supported. We’re committed to ensuring all our employees are taken care of.
We do this by providing and promoting:
- Access to medical, dental, and vision insurance plans, as well as 401(k) company matching and commuter benefits
- A healthy work life balance. Our Flexible Vacation Policy allows you to take what you need, as long as it works for your team. Plus paid sick time, eight paid holidays, summer and winter breaks when the office is closed
- Voluntary life, accident and disability insurance
- 12 weeks of paid new parents leave
- Creature comforts like snacks, games - and actual creatures thanks to dog-friendly offices
- Employee-led resource groups with a focus on diversity and inclusivity, enhancing and sustaining the wellbeing of women, people of color, and LGBTQIA individuals
- A committee dedicated to promoting health and wellness in the workplace through initiatives like fitness challenges, guided meditation, and kombucha brewing
- Opportunities to give back through company donations to charitable organizations
Prolific Interactive is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. We are committed to a safe, welcoming, and truly inclusive environment for people of all races, gender identities, gender expressions, sexual orientations, physical abilities, physical appearances, socioeconomic backgrounds, nationalities, ages, and religious beliefs.
Prolific Interactive was founded in 2009 and is based in New York City, San Francisco, and Durham. We’ve delivered mobile experiences for leading brands like Saks Fifth Avenue, The Wing, WeWork, American Express, Gap, Sephora, SoulCycle, TB12, and American Express through a strategy-driven, user-centric approach to creating products.