Senior Infrastructure Engineer
Stash is a digital-first financial services company committed to making saving and investing accessible to everyone. By breaking down barriers and building transparent, technology-driven products, we help the 99% build smarter financial habits so they can confidently save more, grow wealth, and enjoy life.
Our team is looking for a Senior Infrastructure Engineer with a passion for building reliable, scalable, and performant infrastructure to power the Stash experience. We’ve had tremendous growth in the past two years and have an exciting product roadmap ahead of us. To support these initiatives, Stash will be building cutting edge infrastructure leverage the latest tools and technologies. As a Senior Infrastructure Engineer you are someone who is comfortable working independently and alongside other developers. You will build out and shape our infrastructure platform and processes that will be the bedrock of Stash.
What you’ll do:
- Architect, design, and implement infrastructure services, including microservices API gateway, data processing/storage solutions, container orchestration services and application performance monitoring and logging solutions
- Facilitate scalable infrastructure for a quickly-growing user base
- Lead operational health, maintenance, optimization, security and migration of data stores
- Coordinate with DevOps Engineers, Backend Engineers and product teams to support end-to-end delivery of software components from inception to production
- Instrument, test, profile, and code review software
- Develop and maintain infrastructure modules for use by engineering staff
- Ensure high availability of infrastructure with anomalous behavior alerting
What we’re looking for:
- 8+ years of professional experience building consumer-facing software
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science, a related technical field, or relevant industry experience
- Experience working with AWS
- Experience building backend RESTful APIs
- Experience deploying and maintain various data sources for structured and unstructured data
- Experience with version control systems (Git)
- Experience with programming languages (and AWS SDKs)
- Data-driven decision maker, willing to take risks, fail fast, and iterate quickly
- Creative problem solver with a passion for testing, debugging, and overall code quality
- Experience building an application at scale
- Experience working with Terraform (or Terraform Enterprise)
- Experience transitioning monolithic systems to microservice-based systems
- Experience working with Kubernetes
We believe that diversity and inclusion are essential to living our values, promoting innovation, and building the best products out there. Our success is directly related to the employees that we hire, grow and retain and we believe that our team should reflect the diversity of the customers that we serve.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Stash is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by law. Everyone is encouraged to apply.
Benefits & Perks:
- Equity in Stash
- Flexible Vacation
- Family-Friendly Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance Plans
- Learning & Development Stipend
- Commuter Benefits and Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Employee referral bonuses
- Stocked fridges & kitchens and catered lunch on Fridays
- Thursday happy hours
- Team outings that do not involve trust falls...
Awards & Recognition:
- Forbes Fintech 50 (2019)
- LendIt Fintech Innovator of the Year (2019)
- Built in NYC's Best Places to work (2019)
- Built in NYC’s Startups to Watch (2018)
- Wall Street Journal's "Top 25 Tech Companies To Watch" (2018)
- MarCom Awards Double Gold & Platinum Winner (2018)
- Webby Award Winner for Best Mobile Sites & Apps in the Financial Services and Banking category (2017)
- W3 Awards Winner for Best User Experience (2017)
**No recruiters, please.