About the team:
As the leader in workload automation for hybrid cloud, we're transforming the way IT operates. We're seeking the brightest and most driven individuals who are looking to steer the future of technology. If you thrive in a team-based environment where intellectual curiosity and willingness to go the extra mile without giving up are in your DNA, we want to hear from you!
As a full-stack software engineer, you will directly impact the next-generation of our product. You will play an active role in the design and development of new features and improvements to both the back end of our platform and our existing UI (HTML5, Angular, D3 based stack), positively impacting our top customers.
Turbonomic will present you with constant challenges where you can apply your ideas to real functionality and process. You’ll have the ability to grow your experience and explore new technologies within a culture that is overflowing with mentorship and cross-team collaboration.
What you'll be doing:
- Work within one of our product engineering teams to develop new features and be the embedded full-stack expert.
- You will develop and design the user interface of our platform, while also contributing to back-end services.
- Improve the quality, performance, and stability of frontend codebases.
- Collaborate closely with designer, engineering and product teams to create the best experience for our customers.
- Create breathtaking interfaces, focusing on driving customer engagement through coherent and elegant user experience.
What we're looking for:
- 5+ years of experience building customer-facing applications in a professional setting
- Degree in a related field or equivalent practical experience.
- Understand the intricacies of how JS and CSS impact rendering.
- Experience with software engineering methodologies (e.g. unit testing, code reviews, design documentation)
- Expert in all aspects of HTML5 and single-page web-apps and frameworks.
- Passion for writing clean, effective code
- Ability to thrive in dynamic, fast-paced environments where passion for customer engagement and great experience are at the forefront of all design & development.
- Interest or Familiarity with Cloud technologies
Turbonomic helps thousands of enterprise organizations activate their hybrid cloud journey by leveraging our patented platform to continuously assure that application workloads get precisely the right resources needed to ensure performance and eliminate overspending while maintaining policy compliance.
Turbonomic is the leader in Workload Automation for Hybrid Cloud. Recently, Turbonomic was named an Inc. Fastest Growing Company and a Forbes Cloud 100 Company – both for the third time. We also made the Inc. Best Workplaces 2018 list and locked in strong partnerships with Microsoft, AWS, Cisco and DXC to accelerate our growth. Turbonomic was founded in 2009. We’re headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts and we have offices in New York City, White Plains NY, Toronto, Australia and the United Kingdom.
Our company culture creates a workplace that values trust, performance and transparency. This is done through our employees who naturally operate with a sense of fearlessness, collaborate often, are curious learners that have a sense of urgency behind their work and are coachable, but also coaches in their own regard. If that sounds like something you’d like to be part of, we’d love to hear from you. To learn more about our company culture, check out our careers site, our careers blog, or our employee podcast.
To make sense of the market opportunity ahead of us, Gartner predicts that 90% of organizations will adopt hybrid cloud infrastructure by 2020. Currently there are 200M workloads in the world, but that is also expected to grow 20% each year to 380M in 2020. And we’re sitting right in the middle of this opportunity with the right technology to help move customers forward in their cloud strategy to transform their businesses for the digital age.
Benefits & Perks:
Health, dental and vision coverage – health is a #1 priority for us, we’ve got you covered.
Unlimited paid time off – flexibility boosts creativity and performance… work-life balance is key.
Pre-tax benefits – medical, dependent care, commuter, 401k.
Access to executives – we have a no-door policy, learn and collaborate with execs.
Beer Fridays, unlimited snacks, cold brew coffee on tap – physiological needs, check.
Game rooms, quiet areas and more – play a round of billiards, table tennis or grab a quiet space to focus
Career advancement – jump in, learn, make an impact and shape your career