Senior Engineer: Automation & CI/CD
Have you ever wondered what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers, teams, and businesses around the world. We believe that today’s entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.
We want people who are passionate about building high-performing teams and creating experiences that your peers will love.
DigitalOcean is seeking a highly motivated and experienced CICD Automation Engineer to lead the team technically to design, build and architect a complete CI/CD environment using existing tools for the company.. The CICD team is focused on innovating how we test and deliver software and will be working with every engineering team at DigitalOcean to improve our ability to deliver high quality solutions to our customers fast and efficiently.
Even more so than in other engineering roles, this team must be outstanding communicators and bridge-builders across different parts of the engineering organization.
You’ll put your experience to work improving our CICD infrastructure and pipelines, and helping development teams design and implement their solutions.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Innovating how we test and deliver software
- Maintain and provide user support for CICD systems such as ConcourseCI
- Provide technical leadership to engineering organization to develop a better CICD solution that is used by all engineering teams at DO
- Provide guidance and document best practices for writing and testing software
- Researching emerging tools, trends and methodologies and enhancing existing systems and processes to use them
- Working with interesting technologies such as Go, Rails, Docker, Sentry, Prometheus, CI/CD pipelines and more
- Contributing back to the open source software that we rely on
What We'll Expect From You:
- Expertise with orchestration and configuration management tools, e.g. Chef, Ansible, Terraform, etc.
- Expertise with CICD platforms, e.g. ConcourseCI, Drone, GoCD, TravisCI, CircleCI, Spinnaker, etc.
- Expertise in writing and testing concurrent software for distributed systems
- Deep understanding of the process of writing and supporting software, from concept to production
- Proficiency in at least one of the following languages: Go, Ruby, Python, C/C++, or Java
Why You’ll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it. We care deeply about each other and take our “no jerks” rule very seriously.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development. You’ll need to be great to get hired here and we promise you’ll get even better.
- We care about you. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, and a monthly commute allowance to make your trips to and from work easier.
- We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match. We also provide all employees with Kindles and reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We want you to love where you work. We have great office spaces located in the heart of SoHo NYC and Cambridge and offer daily catered lunches to keep your hunger at bay. We’re also very remote-friendly—we use Slack to communicate across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to onboard in-office and take an all-expenses paid trip to our annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the team at least once a year. We also allow employees to customize their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in office.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Want to learn more about our Engineering team? Clickhere!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Clickhere to hear from our employees!