Senior Engineer, AI
Movable Ink powers meaningful experiences in email and on the web for the biggest brands in the world. The Senior Engineer, Go will work closely with Data Science, leveraging machine learning to enhance existing products and build new ones.
The Senior Engineer on the AI team will work to implement Data Science research efforts in production, taking our massive scale into consideration and determining the necessary trade offs. You will be a close partner to the Data Science team, and being conversant in machine learning tools and algorithms will be an important part of that relationship.
One year from now machine learning will be a widespread capability enhancing many current Movable Ink products. Here’s how you’ll have helped:
- Written a lot of Go code. We use Go to implement all of our distributed systems, and Data Science is even using it during research now.
- Familiarized yourself with the algorithms Data Science is currently using or hoping to use soon. Your familiarity here will be crucial in a successful transition to production.
- Deployed models from Data Science, and defined the deployment process to minimize the friction in going from research to production.
- Integrated with 3rd-party machine learning services to supplement our own machine learning efforts.
- Come to understand our infrastructure completely, and considered performance and complexity implications in every enhancement we discuss.
- Collaborated across engineering teams to leverage machine learning capabilities and enhance existing products
- Planned 4 quarters worth of enhancements! Each quarter, engineers + designers + PMs go through a process and identify their problems-to-solve for the upcoming quarter. At kickoff, the teams present to each other and celebrate together.
- You've worked with distributed systems before. You’ve heard of Kafka, Kinesis, Rabbit and nsq, and you’ve used at least one of them
- You’ve worked on a high-throughput system, where performance was a crucial part of success.
- Maybe you've worked with Go, Python, or Ruby. If not, you will here!
- You have an interest in machine learning, and have spent some time learning about it