Senior Electrical Engineer
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
Peloton Systems Engineering team is looking for Senior Electrical Engineers with expertise in the design and productization of systems for consumer products . In this position you will be part of the team that will work on developing solutions which involve Hardware use cases for all Peloton products.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
The successful candidate has a strong electronics design and development background who will provide technical leadership as well as individual technical contribution as part of a team that supports the design, development, test, and integration of complex, embedded hardware/software systems. The candidate should be passionate about technology and always have the customer’s best interest in mind.
NECESSARY SKILLS / EXPERIENCE / ATTRIBUTES:
- Have previously shipped high volume Consumer products
- Key contributor to high-level architecture and design of electronic systems focused on the fitness market
- High-speed mixed signal circuit design; schematic entry, supervision of PCB layout and assembly, board debug and system integration
- Strong understanding of single/dual quadrant motor controllers & control systems
- Strong understanding of power supplies & PFC
- Impact all phases of the product development cycle which includes requirement/definition, design and development, verification (such as unit tests) and traceability matrix, and design transfer
- Develop or identify tools and methods that allow reutilization of designs
- Provide technical oversight and review support to development teams during product design and development
- Coach and mentor less experienced engineers
BONUS POINTS IF YOU:
- Experience with ARM based CPU architectures and high speed interfaces such as SDIO, USB, Gigabit Ethernet, etc.
- Deep understanding of electrical engineering principles in both analog and digital domains with the ability to leverage this understanding to quickly isolate circuit faults
- Familiarity with high speed test equipment; oscilloscopes, data acquisition units, DMMs, logic & spectrum analyzers - solid test & troubleshooting skills
- Ability to guide and oversee layout designers, and provide clear layout constraints (PC board stack-up, component placement, high speed routing, etc.)
- Experience performing trade studies / tradeoff analyses
- Demonstrated technical leadership and facilitation skills
- Strong problem-solving, communication and interpersonal skills
- PCB layout capability (Cadence OrCAD or Altium Designer)
- Experience with signal integrity analysis and simulation
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering / Computer Engineering discipline along with 7+ years of directly related experience and/or equivalent combination
- Demonstrated subject matter expertise
Founded in 2012, Peloton is an innovative tech company that brings members the best workouts possible, all from the convenience of their own home via the Bike,Tread and iOS App platforms. Peloton uses technology and design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime.
Peloton believes in taking risks and challenging the status quo by continuously innovating and improving. We put our users, members, and customers first and we obsess over every touch point of the member experience – be it the studio, product or showroom. We like to hire the best and encourage all our associates to be Peloton’s brand ambassadors. Most importantly, we know that together we go far.