Senior Backend Engineer
We are on the brink of the next industrial revolution.
Manufacturing has long been an analog world, but this is about to change. By introducing machines to the digital world, there’s a staggering opportunity for efficiency and production leaps. Oden is driving this revolution. We’re on a mission to eliminate waste in manufacturing.
We have combined industrial hardware, wireless connectivity, and big data architecture into one simple platform so all manufacturers can analyze and optimize their production, from any device. Efficiency, sustainability, and competitiveness are democratized.
Why We Do It:
We like to enable those who make things - to make more, to waste less, to serve their customers, and to thrive in a competitive world. Help enough makers, and the world can give us all the abundance we want for less cost and environmental impact. We’re on the verge of a 4th industrial revolution that begs for absolute efficiency in all factors of life. We plan to deliver that to everyone who makes things.
- Care about the mission of the product and company.
- Are never satisfied with the way things are, but excited about the way things could be.
- Tinker. You embrace different technologies and want to see how they can work together.
- Are happy to put on steel toe boots and hit the factory floor to work with the production manager.
- Empathize with customer needs while also looking towards long-term innovation.
- Live by transparent and scientific thinking. You put in the work to find the best ideas with those around you, without ego.
You will be responsible for developing the SDKs that allow customers and integrators to work with our systems and pull data from industrial machines and monitoring devices in the field. You will help define requirements and validate upcoming features. This is a crucial role for Oden, and requires someone who will uphold the highest standards of quality, accountability, and attention to detail.
- Design, develop and support our APIs and SDKs
- Participate in engineering and architecture effort on foundational services
- Scale backend services to tens of thousands of requests per second
- Plan, design, develop and manage end-to-end delivery of 3rd party integrations
- Write sample code, client libraries and other developer tools to reduce friction of integrations
- Over 5 years of software engineering experience
- Experience working with multiple databases including two or more of the following: relational databases, NoSQL databases, graph databases and time-series databases
- Experience developing for cloud-based products (SaaS, IaaS, etc.)
- Proven track record developing and scaling robust distributed systems
- Committed stance toward rigorous testing and delivering high quality code
- Great team player with strong oral and written communication skills
- Focus on end users and success using the product
Nice to Have
- 6+ years of software engineering experience
- Familiarity with concurrent programming principles and trade-offs between performance and complexity when designing parallelizable applications
- Empathy toward manufacturing and physical sciences (e.g. mechanical engineering background)
What We Offer You:
- Measurable impact to the world and the chance to help real people - family businesses, entrepreneurs, engineers.
- Exposure to many tech disciplines, most of which are rapidly evolving.
- A bridge between the physical and cloud worlds of tech. Our platform unites big data visualizations with sensors, and heavy industrial equipment.
- A platform that has the potential to evolve beyond what we have envisioned now.
- Scientific and transparent thinking, for everyone involved.
- Backing by world leaders of both industry and tech that will ensure long term growth and development for us.