Senior Backend Engineer, Resy Global Service
WHO WE ARE:
Resy is a reservations platform, built and powered by restaurant lovers.
Launched in New York City in 2014, the company is co-founded by Ben Leventhal, co-founder of Eater.com; Michael Montero, co-founder and former CTO of CrowdTwist and current Techstars mentor; and Gary Vaynerchuk, noted social media expert, entrepreneur and investor. Other company leaders have deep experience in restaurants and hospitality, too.
Our mission is to power the world’s best restaurants, using technology to imagine the future of hospitality. With Resy, you’re an insider — and the amazing world of restaurants is just two taps away.
Rated as one of Built In NYC’s “100 Best Places to Work,” Resy is actively hiring in multiple cities. Come join our growing team!
ABOUT THE ROLE:
At Resy, we are tackling hard problems with elegant solutions and scaling very quickly. As one of Resy’s Senior Backend Engineers, RGS, you will play a central role in developing one of Resy’s newest and most exciting product lines: Resy Global Service. RGS is a network of global restaurant reservation inventory that connects supply & demand, and reservations & diners. This product enables Resy to efficiently and rapidly scale its restaurant supply network and establish itself as the industry standard for reservation distribution. In this role, you will:
- Work with the Networks team to develop new RGS features, such as establishing a global payment network and building a developer platform from the ground up.
- Partner with restaurant reservation companies around the world to add tens of thousands of restaurants to the RGS network.
- Maintain existing and develop new integrations with distribution partners to further expand Resy’s reach to millions of users
- Liaise closely with American Express technology to integrate and co-develop functionality.
WHO YOU ARE:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- 5+ years of experience working as a Software Engineer preferably in a fast-paced startup environment
- You have strong expertise with the following:
- RDBMS and database design
- Test driven development
- Linux/UNIX/OS X
- REST API design
- You are a self-starter who’s comfortable working independently without a ton of supervision
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Competitive salary
- Full benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA, LTD, Commuter Benefit, Life Insurance)
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Professional Growth Opportunity Budget
- Equinox gym discount and Wellness budget
- Quarterly credit toward dining at your favorite Resy restaurant
- Beautiful dog-friendly Soho office with fully stocked kitchen and café
- Company-sponsored social events, including Friday family meal
- No shortage of good restaurant recommendations
Resy is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity through attracting and retaining a diverse team of employees and creating an inclusive environment for all. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.