Senior Back-End Software Engineer
We are looking for an experienced backend software engineer to join our exceptional team of distributed systems engineers. We have embarked on a mission to create highly-scalable and performant micro-services that handle tera-bytes of data and analytics that feed into beautifully designed custom data visualizations. You will be responsible for architecting, implementing and testing new and existing systems that power our flagship product and help humanize the way content marketers interact with customers. Most importantly, your leadership as a senior and experienced member of the team will become an example for others to follow, and you will help shape and define our engineering practices and craftsmanship.
- Collaboration: We believe that engineers do their best work when working together in cohesive teams.
- Excellence: We believe in doing things the "right way" rather than the "fast way", and holding ourselves to a high standard of excellence.
- Growth: We believe engineers do their best work when they are constantly growing, learning, and changing.
- Communication: We believe in combining empathy with openness and honesty to set clear expectations and hold each other accountable.
- Impact: We believe we're making the world a better place by empowering marketers to really help their customers rather than just sell stuff.
What you'll be doing:
- Writing beautiful API documentation for all the services you and the team builds for consumption by other developers (we use Swagger).
- Design and architect scalable services that are both highly available and performant.
- Breaking down product requirements into manageable stories and delegating work to team members.
- Refactoring and evolving existing distributed systems to make legacy systems anew.
- Collaborating with other functions of the business and engineering department to ensure successful delivery of software.
Who you are:
- A bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science or related field
- 8+ years working in backend technologies in addition to Java such as Scala, Python, Golang or a combination of
- 8+ years working in databases such as MySQL, Postgres or other RDBMS systems
- 8+ years working with cloud-hosting and deep understanding of AWS, Google Cloud or Azure
- 3-5+ years working with Docker containers and deep understanding of the internals of how containers work
- 3-5+ years working with non-relational databases such as Cassandra or Dynamo
- 3-5+ years building and deploying containers into managed clusters with Kubernetes or equivalent
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Proven professional experience working with non-technical business functions
- You enjoy collaborating with product management teams to ensure the best quality product is shipped out the door
- You have a keen appreciation for usability and understand your users come first when designing systems
At Conductor, we are looking for engaged and passionate engineers that can raise the bar. There is a tremendous opportunity here to have immediate impact in the day-to-day and affect the company's success and growth. We all share in the same values and push each other to meet these standards.
We are made up of a diverse group of people from all backgrounds and include a team of exceptional engineers in Kyiv as well. Wherever you are from, you will find a common ground here for continuing to push forward your career and make a difference in this industry.
Conductor, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Conductor’s search and content intelligence platform helps marketers create and optimize content to improve visibility online.
The technology generates customer intent insights that lead to compelling content, increased traffic, and higher organic marketing ROI. Customizable dashboards and workflows guide marketers through the content creation process, empowering them to measure, refine, and demonstrate the effectiveness of their SEO and content marketing efforts.
In addition to its SaaS platform, Conductor offers a suite of services and support including site audits, site migrations, and managed services that empower in-house marketing teams and digital marketing agencies to drive results and put their customers' needs first.
Conductor's forward-thinking customers include global and emerging enterprise brands like Citibank, Salesforce, ClassPass, and WeWork.