Senior Android Engineer
Cityblock Health is a new type of healthcare company, operating out of Brooklyn and backed by Alphabet’s Sidewalk Labs, along with some of the top healthcare investors in the country.
Our mission is to radically improve the health of urban communities, one block at a time. Importantly, our solutions are designed specifically for Medicaid and lower-income Medicare beneficiaries, and we bring the capability to deliver care in the home and neighborhood with our field-based teams.
In close collaboration with community based organizations and leading commercial partners, we are reorganizing the health system to focus on what matters to our members. We deliver personalized primary care, behavioral health, and social services through a network of neighborhood hubs with deep community-based partnerships and world-class technology.
We partner with payers and at-risk providers, taking capitated financial risk to care for their most vulnerable, high and rising risk members. Additionally, we invest in strategic partnerships with community-based and social services organizations, in some instances bringing them into the value equation through sub-capitation and performance-based compensation.
Over the next year we’ll grow quickly, including entering new markets, each with their own commercial relationships and field-based teams. This role will be a key contributor to the success of our business.
We're seeking an experienced Android Developer to join our engineering team! You'll work with our Product & Engineering teams to build a new Android application, playing a key role in product maintenance and feature design. As Cityblock’s first Android engineer, you will work within cross-functional feature teams and collaborate closely with product managers and clinical staff. You’ll also help drive our mobile strategy moving forward.
You'd be a good fit if you have:
- 3+ years experience developing Android applications
- Strong knowledge of Android SDK and the latest version of Android
- Familiarity with GraphQL to connect Android applications to back-end services
- Strong knowledge of Android UI design principles, patterns, and best practices
- Experience successfully handling the challenges associated with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning
- Knowledge of the open-source Android ecosystem and the libraries available for common tasks
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- Familiarity with cloud message APIs and push notifications
- Experience working with product management, UI/UX designers and users
- Experience working with customers and partners
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast moving and growing environment
Nice to have:
- Experience publishing a high quality Android application to the Google Play Store
- Experience with communication and messaging applications
- Experience building reactive, mobile apps
- Experience with security software and solutions
- Familiarity with continuous integration
- Communication with cloud-based PBX systems.
You should include these in your application:
- A resume and/or LinkedIn profile.
- A 1-2 paragraph cover letter.
Cityblock values diversity as a core tenet of the work we do and populations we serve. We are an equal opportunity employer, indiscriminate of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic.