Senior Android Engineer
You will be working on the flagship Peloton experience that comes with every Peloton Bike and Tread. You will get the opportunity to work with our very own Android based Operating System, developing customer-facing features in Kotlin and Java, to deliver best-in-class fitness experiences across several different markets.
As a senior engineer, you will be responsible for iterating on process, technology, and communication throughout your team. You will also have the responsibility to assist and grow the more mid/junior engineers around you.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- Passion for building a scalable and responsive customer facing applications
- 6+ years of software development experience, 4+ years Android development experience, including experience with Kotlin
- Solid experience with Git
- Solid experience interacting with REST API
- Solid understanding of architecture patterns, namely MVP and MVVM
- Solid understanding of Android threading and processing
- Experience with profiling UI, memory and threading in Android
- Ability to collaborate with UX and design teams on design execution feasibility
- Ability to effectively translate Product, UX and UI requirements into code implementations
- Ability to accomplish complex engineering task independently
- Ability to manage complex cross team coordinations and work closely with product owners
- Ability to evaluate and communicate different engineering solutions and trade-offs
- B.S. in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent years of work experience
BONUS POINTS IF YOU:
- Previously published application(s) to Google Play Store
- Have experience with automation testing, such as Espresso
- Have solid understanding of clean software design principles
- Have Github project(s) or contribute to open source communities
- Have worked in a Test Driven Development environment before
- Have a diverse knowledge of other programming languages
- Have continuous build experience in an Agile Environment
- Have experience leading backend development and engineering
Founded in 2012, Peloton is an innovative tech company that brings members the best workouts possible, all from the convenience of their own home via the Bike,Tread and iOS App platforms. Peloton uses technology and design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime.
Peloton believes in taking risks and challenging the status quo by continuously innovating and improving. We put our users, members, and customers first and we obsess over every touch point of the member experience – be it the studio, product or showroom. We like to hire the best and encourage all our associates to be Peloton’s brand ambassadors. Most importantly, we know that together we go far.